What the hell? This thing is missing two wheels...

Limitedslip7

I've been building cars for many years now and just recently picked up an '04 R6 back in August. This is my first bike and I've put about 2500 miles on it since I've bought it. The maintenance done by the previous owner was questionable at best, so the first mods have been an oil/coolant change, spark plugs, 520 chain with +1 rear sprocket, grips, Scotts steering damper, front/rear Continental Sport Attacks and an Olsen shorty.

I've quickly gotten bored with going fast in a straight line but cornering is just so much more fun and dynamic than in a car. I would very much like to start doing track days starting this spring but I think most of my friends who ride will pussy out. Are there any people in the central Ohio area that tracks often and wouldn't mind me tagging along sometime? Is there a schedule for Mid-Ohio 2012 open track days yet? I'm also looking for new/used 1 piece leathers, guantlet gloves, boots, and a back protector if anyone has them for sale. I'm 5'10" and ~160...

Welcome! I congratulate you on thinking immediately about gear. Now would be the time to try and find some because it will probably be the cheapest. i would suggest going to a MC store (Iron Pony?) and trying on the different sizes. You will be amazed how much different fit there is between manufactures and sizes. Once you know what size it will be a lot easier to find what you are looking for

Thanks. I purchased street gear (jacket, gloves, helmet) as soon as I got the bike, now I'm just trying to find track dedicated gear. I'm also looking to purchase or trade for a pair of solid black 03-05 R6 wheels if anyone has a set. No brake discs/sprockets needed...

the wife and i track ride 2 or more times a month.. we are from the polaris area feel free to tag along and get your feet wet on a track riding then say goodbye to all your money free time and sanity as you will never look back

PM me i'll give you my number and we can hook up help you get some gear.. ride shares and ready for the new season

iron pony is getting a whole bunch of astars crap in from some massive buyout and is slowly getting it out to the floor. i'd check in sometime this weekend. i need to cheggit for a perforated leather jacket and maybe boots. they have smx-5's (which looks like a racey touring boot to me) for 150 which is not bad. they also have "stella" boots for the wimmenz, not sure how much. they also have gauntlet gloves and all sort of other crap.

^ what are you smoking? since when... and from whom did you hear this from?

they made a statement in 2010 or 09 on their website stating they were no longer doing business with stt for track days at their track. I looked at the schedule a few times and they never had any events for bike track days on the calendar.

and someone I know said yeah, they quit doing track days a year or so ago.

it might just be temporary though.

but I never called mid ohio or anything to actually confirm this.

I wasn't too interested to really care. lol

ahh maybe it was, they are not longer doing business with outside track day vendors of any kind.

you have to sign up with mid ohio school to do a scheduled track event.

an interesting concept I guess.

http://www.midohio.com/Store/School-Courses/Motorcycle-Riding-Courses

Edited by serpentracer

• 2 weeks later...