2012 Bike Week Myrtle Beach May 11-20

gen4zx10r

I've done it a couple times down in Deals Gap with no issues but kept it pretty much right outside my door :)

idk i have bad luck i thought about maby trying to park it in the room if thats posible i wonder if thats fround apon in the hotel world

idk i have bad luck i thought about maby trying to park it in the room if thats posible i wonder if thats fround apon in the hotel world

I would imagine comfort level is dependent on the area. I've seen plenty of pictures of people who've put the bikes in the room with them. Deals Gap I don't worry as much but elsewhere I'd probably consider that as well

Riding the Black Hills and the Needles around Rapid City, Deadwood and Sturgis is simply spectacular. We rode out there before the event (mid June) to avoid the throngs of bikes just so we could ride the area. We rode out and laid over 2 nights but we went across I70 through Missouri then north. Taking a more direct route might let you stay over just one night if you like 8-10 hour ride days on the super slab. We preferred 2 lanes once we crossed the Missouri at Council Bluffs Iowa into Omaha. Sturgis and Wyoming slab speeds are 75 mph so once there you can make great time riding across SD. Devils Tower in Wy is not too far from Rapid City and is a cool stop as well.

I want to go to Sturgis once to experience it all, but I get tired real fast of being in the middle of massive crowds like that.

Actually riding in Wyoming turned out to be fantastic too. Maybe better overall considering everything.

I would imagine comfort level is dependent on the area. I've seen plenty of pictures of people who've put the bikes in the room with them. Deals Gap I don't worry as much but elsewhere I'd probably consider that as well

the only thing with putting your bike in your room it that you have to have a room on the first floor cause i don't think you could go up the stairs with your bike or take it in the elevator or even drive/walk your bike through the lobby but if i was on the first floor i would for sure take my bike in the room with me

the only thing with putting your bike in your room it that you have to have a room on the first floor cause i don't think you could go up the stairs with your bike or take it in the elevator or even drive/walk your bike through the lobby but if i was on the first floor i would for sure take my bike in the room with me

I kind of assumed that was self explanatory :dunno:

Every hotel/motel I have asked about parking my bike inside has said NO!!!....lol. One little joint in Gunnison, Co. did have a nice porch and said I could park it up on the covered porch.

Think you can pull in it through a single door? I always figured on having to get a handicap accessible room for that.

Every hotel/motel I have asked about parking my bike inside has said NO!!!....lol. One little joint in Gunnison, Co. did have a nice porch and said I could park it up on the covered porch.

Think you can pull in it through a single door? I always figured on having to get a handicap accessible room for that.

I wouldn't even ever say anything. Just do it. I'd imagine most sport bikes can make it through a single door no problem, hell I know my VFR will from experience and its probably a tad wider than a SS

I've done it a couple times down in Deals Gap with no issues but kept it pretty much right outside my door :)

Place we stay at the owner said if there is any trouble just shoot the bastards, pull the body up the hill & the bears will take care of the evidence for you. Gotta love that.

ive done trips to deals gap, michigan, myrtle beach, and into west virginia and have always just parked my bike in the parking lot like a normal person would, with never a problem. Am i too trusting or are ya'll super paranoid? Ive taken a cable a locked it to a pole or post a couple time but usually i dont bother

ive done trips to deals gap, michigan, myrtle beach, and into west virginia and have always just parked my bike in the parking lot like a normal person would, with never a problem. Am i too trusting or are ya'll super paranoid? Ive taken a cable a locked it to a pole or post a couple time but usually i dont bother

I'm just paranoid