Motorcycle Museum needs volunteers

Casper

WE NEED YOU!!! We need volunteers to promote the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum and sell tickets for our raffle bike during Daytona Bike Week at The Marketplace and at our Friendraising Breakfast from

March 2-8, 2008.

Every year for the past several years the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum has raffled off a beautiful vintage motorcycle to benefit the Museum. This year’s bike is a 1953 Vincent Black Shadow .

To do the important work of the Museum at this event and other events we need volunteers. Volunteers are an integral part of the mechanism that helps keep charitable nonprofit organizations, like the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum, running smoothly. There are many important jobs to be done at the Museum and Museum events. Many of these jobs filled by volunteers like you and me, as the Museum does not have the funds to staff help for monetary pay.

We still need 15 volunteers for The Marketplace and 5 more for the Daytona Friendraising Breakfast.

Everyone volunteering will receive a 2007 Motorcycle Hall of Fame Volunteer pin and a Certificate of Appreciation that is suitable for framing. Also, since the Museum is a nonprofit charitable organization, many of the expenses you incur relating to your volunteer work are tax-deductible. These expenses may include parking fees, mileage, meals, and even your accommodations.

Time is short. If you can volunteer at anytime during this event please email, call or write us to let us know. Please give us your name, telephone number and what day you would like to volunteer, when responding. I am only here one day a week but you may reach Renee Bock by email at: MVOLUNTEER@MOTORCYCLEMUSEUM.ORG or you may call us here 614-856-2222 ext: 1400.

By being a Museum volunteer you help preserve the heritage of the lifestyle we all love.

Renee Bock

Volunteer Coordinator

Motorcycle Hall of FameMuseum13515 Yarmouth DrivePickerington, OH43147

mvolunteer@motorcyclemuseum.org

www.motorcyclemuseum.org

Buddy is heading there today to pick up his two bikes that are there. The museum is heading out to somewhere like San Diego and with all the crap going on with the AMA and the one guy in charge no longer there, I'd say this is going to end badly for them...

Not busting balls, but looks like it is leaving us so why push anything related to it if it isn't going to be around any longer. It isn't like this is a deal to try and keep it here... It's more like a quick push to make some dough before they pull out...

Prizes are cool, though...

Buddy is heading there today to pick up his two bikes that are there. The museum is heading out to somewhere like San Diego and with all the crap going on with the AMA and the one guy in charge no longer there, I'd say this is going to end badly for them...

Not busting balls, but looks like it is leaving us so why push anything related to it if it isn't going to be around any longer. It isn't like this is a deal to try and keep it here... It's more like a quick push to make some dough before they pull out...

Prizes are cool, though...

Your full of it .Mr bingmen isn't moving the hall of fame anywhere.....Right now the are taking outside bids to partner w/ AMA to permote all their racing. Thats it, AMA is staying right here.They are running out of money like everyone else ....But they are not broke just want outside advertising firm to premote the racing stuff even your race program.Anyone can put in a bid. I thought you knew everything about racing?Your a member right?They sent stuff out about this change.

He didn't.

I'll get the whole 411 from my buddy. His name is Mark Hildebrand and has two pretty amazing bikes in the museum that he pulled today. His contract expired in January and he wanted to get them out. He stated they were sending it to San Diego...

I'll verify from him. How do YOU justify your side? Apparently, you think I am pulling stuff out of my ass yet I have a pretty reliable source in a guy with bikes in there. And we're not talking F3s... Rare stuff...

Your full of it .Mr bingmen isn't moving the hall of fame anywhere.....Right now the are taking outside bids to partner w/ AMA to permote all their racing. Thats it, AMA is staying right here.They are running out of money like everyone else ....But they are not broke just want outside advertising firm to premote the racing stuff even your race program.Anyone can put in a bid. I thought you knew everything about racing?Your a member right?They sent stuff out about this change.

I didn't say the AMA was moving. I was saying the museum was or rather, it was being talked about... Jesus. A little touchy, eh?

Oh, I'm a member - only because I HAVE to be...

I'll get the whole 411 from my buddy. His name is Mark Hildebrand and has two pretty amazing bikes in the museum that he pulled today. His contract expired in January and he wanted to get them out. He stated they were sending it to San Diego...

I'll verify from him. How do YOU justify your side? Apparently, you think I am pulling stuff out of my ass yet I have a pretty reliable source in a guy with bikes in there. And we're not talking F3s... Rare stuff...

R.Bingmen who runs the hall of fame told me.Why do you what to shit on the AMA...Because of them you can race. You act like you don't want to be a member...........?

I didn't realize they're moving. Where did you hear that?

We should get a ride together for the hall of fame ...They need money,"nonprofit"They would let us use the place and you could start your pic hunt there or something.They always want and will help with rides.I have been to a few. Lots of fun. And the pace is really nice to hang out if your out on a ride.AMA members get a discount. We should support them.

R.Bingmen who runs the hall of fame told me.Why do you what to shit on the AMA...Because of them you can race. You act like you don't want to be a member...........?

Because AMA Pr Racing is a laughing stock and has been a bit of a joke for years and years. MANY racers including Pro Level guys complain and point out how the AMA bungles up all the time. We see it even more as privateers. The last being the AMA race at Mid-Ohio. Privateers got the shaft in a BIG way. Too many examples to point out here.

Because of them I can race? Are you kidding me? Not until recent when WERA became AMA sanctioned, I was racing with them and making money. I joined AMA so I could race Pro events. Not until recent, WERA was where I made my racing timeline occur. Now, racers with WERA need to join the AMA.

AMA is a great organization for street riders and teh rights for riders everywhere. Sure. They fight the fight for MX tracks, they continue to hold back governments who want the trail systems gone, etc. They definately have a part. However, I don't race because of them...

As far as the museum goes, the actual museum I guess is staying (Most hope). They are moving the "Motocross America" exhibit to San Diego. There is also a BUNCH of internal stuff going on and many think it is about to implode. Stories of money being stolen, etc.

My buddy was getting his bikes out before anything happened as they are very valuable and pretty much priceless...

So, apologies for saying the museum is moving. It is the exhibit itself that is...

Because AMA Pr Racing is a laughing stock and has been a bit of a joke for years and years. MANY racers including Pro Level guys complain and point out how the AMA bungles up all the time. We see it even more as privateers. The last being the AMA race at Mid-Ohio. Privateers got the shaft in a BIG way. Too many examples to point out here.

Because of them I can race? Are you kidding me? Not until recent when WERA became AMA sanctioned, I was racing with them and making money. I joined AMA so I could race Pro events. Not until recent, WERA was where I made my racing timeline occur. Now, racers with WERA need to join the AMA.

AMA is a great organization for street riders and teh rights for riders everywhere. Sure. They fight the fight for MX tracks, they continue to hold back governments who want the trail systems gone, etc. They definately have a part. However, I don't race because of them...

They are give ppl a chance to take over the pr.1 man can man a diff, w/ a whole lot of cash!!They are taking bids from all over.

They are give ppl a chance to take over the pr.1 man can man a diff, w/ a whole lot of cash!!They are taking bids from all over.

My hope is that they sell off the racing side of things to a legit and good promoter and get the racing side of things back to where they ought to be. I think they can and I think the AMA focusing on what they do best (Rider Rights) is perfect. They do us all a great service there and I hope they continue. The racing side? They tried and are now at least humble enough to realize someone else needs to drive the bus. Good on them to realize it and not run it into the ground. I actually am a happy member at what I am seeing right now - only if they get it sorted...

My hope is that they sell off the racing side of things to a legit and good promoter and get the racing side of things back to where they ought to be. I think they can and I think the AMA focusing on what they do best (Rider Rights) is perfect. They do us all a great service there and I hope they continue. The racing side? They tried and are now at least humble enough to realize someone else needs to drive the bus. Good on them to realize it and not run it into the ground. I actually am a happy member at what I am seeing right now - only if they get it sorted...

+100000000000000000000