whats the deal with used gun prices on armslist and gunlisting?

crb

Am I just missing the deals?

I look at some of these ads and these guys want more than I can get it for new at my dealer?

Are these guys just overpaying in the first place? Crazy? Am I just getting a better deal?

:rant:

Crackheads is right! I saw one ad for a Sig 250 2 some 9mm, first he listed like two guns, and secondly he wanted $699. I saw them in fin feather and fir, for $589 I think. I emailed him he said that is what he paid at gandermountain at the time and now they want more than that, he was firm on price. Even faced with the fact that he way over paid he didn't care. Another guy has several pistols listed and he wants more NIB plus pricing on used guns. I guess I have to keep looking and not let the crackheads discourage me.

Just like people on Craigslist wanting $1,000 more than their bike is worth. People.don't understand that a used gun is not as valuable as a new one. It's like anything else, as soon as you buy it, its worth less than it was in the case, with the exception of very few items over a very long.period of time. These morons must be holding out for someone who isn't allowed to buy a gun legally and has no choice.

Just like people on Craigslist wanting $1,000 more than their bike is worth. People.don't understand that a used gun is not as valuable as a new one. It's like anything else, as soon as you buy it, its worth less than it was in the case, with the exception of very few items over a very long.period of time. These morons must be holding out for someone who isn't allowed to buy a gun legally and has no choice.

This is becoming more the norm most everywhere.

I have been looking for an old yamaha dirt bike, '70s vintage. I am seeing prices like $3k! And when I call to check them out, they are already sold.

Supply and demand, too many people who are willing to just open their wallet without using what I would call common sense.

It's because criminals will pay the extra cash, so they do not have to fill out the paperwork when buying from a dealer. Private sellers only need to see that they have a valid Ohio ID and are of age to buy. This is why I don't sell guns. I just keep them all for myself :-)

They're trollers looking for must have, don't know, have criminal issues like a domestic violence, people. And the low ball thing, they expect it. I offer what I think it's worth then a few 100 less just because. Like a late Winchester 97 is worth maybe $500 a early gun is a lot higher like $1000. All partly because of production dates and how many they made that year.

Agree. I check the site nearly everyday and wow, they relist the same crap every single day at prices higher than what I can get them new. Sure I don't have to file paper work but that really doesn't justify the price and time saved at all.

I have however gotten two really good deals within the past couple months but they are so few and far apart. Wish I lived in the cbus area there seems to be alot more deals there than in cleveland.

Anyone use gunbroker?

[QlTE=motozachl;773814]Agree. I check the site nearly everyday and wow, they relist the same crap every single day at prices higher than what I can get them new. Sure I don't have to file paper work but that really doesn't justify the price and time saved at all.

I have however gotten two really good deals within the past couple months but they are so few and far apart. Wish I lived in the cbus area there seems to be alot more deals there than in cleveland.

Anyone use gunbroker?

I've gotten a couple mags from gunbroker, but I haven't won any firearms. Most of what I've looked at on GB has had reserves at almost new prices