Ammo Deals.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

Is anyone interested in going in on alot of bulk .223/5.56, meaning like 10-20K rounds? That is, if we are able to find it. From what I understand, this its the amount that is considered bulk. Not sure if w would need an LLC or Tax ID before a manufacturer would listen to our request.

Anyone looking for .380 ammo Gander Mountain on Hilliard Rome Rd has a shitload,

as of two hours ago when we were in there. They also had a lot of 38 an 40.

Lesson learned though for me when looking for .38, check walmart first. I bought a box of

38 from Gander and Walmart across the parking lot had it for almost $10 cheaper! Oh well.

I'll check walmart first next time.

Edited by SWing'R

Is anyone interested in going in on alot of bulk .223/5.56, meaning like 10-20K rounds? That is, if we are able to find it. From what I understand, this its the amount that is considered bulk. Not sure if w would need an LLC or Tax ID before a manufacturer would listen to our request.
im not necessarily talking right now. im thinking when all this shit blows over, and its a little more available. i understand this could be 6 mos- 1yr in the future.

i consider ammo to be an excellent hedge against inflation.

1, I say not going to happen because no manufacture is going to sell to an individual or even bother with an amount that small. They sell and ship to distributors that buy by the truck load.

2, The distributors are not going to sell that quantity to an individual until they have a surplus that their dealer network is not buying up

3, #2 is not going to happen in the near foreseeable future

4, The savings won't warrant the hoops you will have to jump thru to make the deal as an individual nor the shipping hassle and that pesky watch list you'll be placed on as well as the numerous ordinances and fire codes you'll be in violation of at your residence until its all picked up and divided.

Just buy your 1000 or 2000 rounds when its availible to you and be Done with it

70c a round is still waaay too expensive. :nono:

Yes, considering you can get it for 50cents a rd at gander mtn right now.

1, I say not going to happen because no manufacture is going to sell to an individual or even bother with an amount that small. They sell and ship to distributors that buy by the truck load.

2, The distributors are not going to sell that quantity to an individual until they have a surplus that their dealer network is not buying up

3, #2 is not going to happen in the near foreseeable future

4, The savings won't warrant the hoops you will have to jump thru to make the deal as an individual nor the shipping hassle and that pesky watch list you'll be placed on as well as the numerous ordinances and fire codes you'll be in violation of at your residence until its all picked up and divided.

Just buy your 1000 or 2000 rounds when its availible to you and be Done with it

This venture wouldn't be about just getting my 1-2000 rounds. I am attempting to address several implications, including future shortages, hedging against inflation, etc.

True. But it's better than the $1 dollar bob per round ive been seeing.

I have a few hundred on hand, so I'm gonna ride it out until the prices drop again. Once everyone and his uncle has 3k at $1/round on hand they'll quit buying and there will be a surplus.

Besides, time to get into reloading to avoid federal controls/taxes.

Anyone looking for .380 ammo Gander Mountain on Hilliard Rome Rd has a shitload' date='

Lesson learned though for me when looking for .38, check walmart first. I bought a box of

38 from Gander and Walmart across the parking lot had it for almost $10 cheaper! Oh well.

I'll check walmart first next time.[/quote']

Same thing with oil. omg I turned this into an oil thread...

Besides, time to get into reloading to avoid federal controls/taxes.

Yup. I never considered it as I've always bought ammo in bulk so have had no issues riding out the high spots, but I think reloading is going to be a long term plan. I've been saving brass for a year now, so between what I already have, and the ammo I have on hand, I should have a good enough stockpile of brass to get going.

Anyone looking for .380 ammo Gander Mountain on Hilliard Rome Rd has a shitload' date='

I'll check walmart first next time.[/quote']

.380 is EVERYWHERE. That's like saying you found 17hmr or 12ga. Lol.

Dicks has 11.99 for 20, .223 thats .60 a round basically. Limit of 6 boxes per person, per purchase, but really, could just walk out drop the 6 in the car, come back, repeat.

I was going to buy some but Ive got plenty for now I think. I haven't stopped at Vances yet, just got too busy last week.

I've been hearing just the opposite' date=' that nobody could find .380, that's why I posted that.[/quote'] I haven't found a place that didn't have .380. Meijer, Gander Moutain, Dicks, Wal Mart, Cabela's, etc. The only time there's a .380 shortage is when the DOD places a huge order for 9mm. The equipment used to make .380 is also used to make 9mm, and orders are manufactured based on importance. Guess who beats out you and I plinking?

• Casper unpinned this topic