Ammo Deals.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

1000 rnds is not considered bulk to sellers. Most bulk price breaks don't start till 30 cases. And right now bulk sales are non existent

The non existent problem is the one I'm running into right now. We've got around 3000 rounds gathered up between everyone in my workplace but can't find anyone who is selling bulk....

i am unsure why the potential ban is driving ammo sales to be so backordered. i mean there is nothing proposed that would anyway inhibit anyone from acquiring ammo...

Maybe there is a fear that ammo is next. They're always introducing legislation to tax bullets. One proposal put a 10,000% tax on bullets. They never pass. Maybe one day they will?

People a buying guns and need ammo to go with the guns.... End of story. Yes there are people buying up because of "imminent" legislation. But just go to a gun shop looking for cleaning accessories right now and tell me the stock isn't down to almost nothing... Same thing with holsters and cases. People are just buying whatever they think they need. Ammo is on the top of that list.

Also check here guy at riverside range said they have bulk ammo for $700/1000rnds in 7.62

http://dicksgunroom.com/dgr_feature.php

That's still pretty pricey. :( Kicking myself I didn't buy more last year when they were 30c/round for good 5.56. Still, I have enough on hand to last until such a time that the factories have ramped up ammo production, other buyers have ammo dribbling out of their ears and hopefully before they put a $1/bullet tax on it.

Looking at getting into reloading... Futureproof myself from bullet taxes... (unless they tax the actual bullet itself, rather than just cartidges) Buddy of mine is an NRA trainer and reloading expert... Gonna sign up for one of his classes.

That's still pretty pricey. :( Kicking myself I didn't buy more last year when they were 30c/round for good 5.56. Still, I have enough on hand to last until such a time that the factories have ramped up ammo production, other buyers have ammo dribbling out of their ears and hopefully before they put a $1/bullet tax on it.

Looking at getting into reloading... Futureproof myself from bullet taxes... (unless they tax the actual bullet itself, rather than just cartidges) Buddy of mine is an NRA trainer and reloading expert... Gonna sign up for one of his classes.

You're a smart guy.... Read up, buy some starter equipment, and brew your own. It's not as hard as it looks.

Got home and realized I was low on muzzle loader powder pellets so had to run to Gander Mountain off of 256. They have a bunch of .223 ammo. 500 rounds for $250, not the best price but they have plenty.

They are also closing down and turning into Gun World so big sale on cloths!

yeah i went to gander today, definitely some good deals there, 40-50% off on mostly everything.

ammo and guns were a different story. plenty of .223 but cheapest per rd was like 50 cents. also no .223 at walmart, asked if they took backorders, they declined. i did buy a 100 pack of federal 12ga though for $23. had 2 more of those value packs left.

• Casper unpinned this topic