Thinking about buying a Mosin Nagant

Carwhore

In stock at Aimsurplus. BTW...the beauty of the Mosin's is that it's a toy you can have lots of fun with and not worry about abusing. Nice "trunk gun" too.

91/30: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3MOSIN9130Lam

Edit: Oh yea...forgot to include a linky to the dirt cheap ammo.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=40&name=7.62x54R

Edited by \m/ \m/

In stock at Aimsurplus. BTW...the beauty of the Mosin's is that it's a toy you can have lots of fun with and not worry about abusing. Nice "trunk gun" too.

91/30: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3MOSIN9130Lam

Edit: Oh yea...forgot to include a linky to the dirt cheap ammo.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=40&name=7.62x54R

I saw these. That's why i started this thread. Watched a lot of youtube videos today and know which one to buy! And what to look for.

Also Ohio Valley has some in stock. They told me they were from 100-130. I might try to find a specific one and jew them down since i've bought a lot of shit from them.

I've got an m44. and amazingly it's actually got a butter smooth bolt. no hammering needed.

When folks at the private plinking range get too complacent with their ARs I whip out the mosin and blow the targets off the line with backstop debris. That, and the concussion that it lets out has everyone scurrying away from the firing line.

If I have one suggestion it would be get a carbine version like the m44. The long barrel ones feel like you are holging up 300lb. And, well another suggestion... don't fire it bench rest. much pain can be had from that steel but plate.

Edited by DrewsBrews

I've got an m44. and amazingly it's actually got a butter smooth bolt. no hammering needed.

When folks at the private plinking range get too complacent with their ARs I whip out the mosin and blow the targets off the line with backstop debris. That, and the concussion that it lets out has everyone scurrying away from the firing line.

If I have one suggestion it would be get a carbine version like the m44. The long barrel ones feel like you are holging up 300lb. And, well another suggestion... don't fire it bench rest. much pain can be had from that steel but plate.

Every single one I've seen has be the 91/30. I also know they make a rubber butt pad to help with the recoil.

The corrosive ammo has me hesitating a bit, is it really a big deal?

from what I'm seeing as long as you inspect the barrell and make sure there aren't any pits and the rifling is good you should be fine.

YOU HAVE TO CLEAN IT RIGHT AWAY once you go shooting. Don't let it sit in the safe for a few days-week-month!

I have a m91 I've always used romainian surplus corosive ammo in it with no problems...to clean I put a cork in the end of the barrel fill it with amonia let it sit for a couple min drain and swab it out and finish it off with a generous shot of gun oil...plus if u are going to shoot it regularly I recomend the ATI sport stock for it either that or a ice bag for your sholder

My favorite gun to shoot is my roommates Mosin. He's done a few things to his. Scope, polished bolt, raised cheek pad cut from the stock.

You definitely will get a wide range of quality of ammo when ordering. We had two different batches of ammo one time at the range. You could get some groups damn near touching each other at 100yds with one batch and then you could have a 3" spread with the other box.

Very fun rifle to shoot and at $80 you can't go wrong.