new rubbers!!!!

grapesmuggler27

Ok I know I'm kinda beating a dead horse right now, but I'm taking your advice and not running race tires anymore and I'm also going to drop the 190 off the rear down to a 180. I think I have my tire selection down to 3 sets, the q2, 2ct, or the bt-003. For all of you way more knowledgeable riders then myself any feed back from those that have used these tires before let me know your thoughts. Pro cons for each please

Man check into the Pures too bro. I ran them a lot last season and loved them. Plus pretty solid pricing. That was coming off the BT-003's that were on there, and the pures seemed to have way better grip(I thought). I did run the 2CT on the RC51 too but only on the street.

Q2, Pures, and 2CT's are all good. John, Jinu, Brandon, Craig, and I have ran the pures last season. Jinu has ran the Q2's also, so he could give you input on those, so could KTM-Brian as they use Q2's on the rental bikes.

Fine for the street, I would not use them on the track though. I would go with the Pures instead for the track/street combo.

Yeah, I am looking more for street use anyway for commuting and good traction in the rain. I would get something specifically for the track if I do that this year.

I was looking at Michelin PR2's or PR3's, what do you think of those?

PR2s FTW...this will be my next set...if I ever wear out the PR1s I currently have, they are just starting to wear but don't grip as good as the PR2s

PR2s FTW...this will be my next set...if I ever wear out the PR1s I currently have, they are just starting to wear but don't grip as good as the PR2s

I hear PR3's are even better yet, I have a set of PR2's that I think were take offs but Im not sure if I want to use them on the street, they are kinda rough from the track.

Edited by JStump

I had a set of 003's that I used on the street. Good tire IMO, but they def. didn't last very long. I've run Pures and Q2's on the track. I prefer Pures as I feel they offer better grip. The Q2's will last you a good while, probably the whole season.

Just pick up a set of Pures, you won't be disappointed.

that's subject to how may times you make it to the track in a given season, as well as the relative group you are in. I'm just guessing they would based on how grape rides.

I can say with certainty that 6 track days running mid I/O group they WILL last.

Damn Craig, that makes me think I better keep running my pures until you stop LOL. I do plan on talking to KTM-Brian about Dunlops next time I see him. It's going to be about time to get some new rubbers come real season time anyways. Or I will just stick with pures and then get some race rubbers too and run them off warmers.