Engineer sucked into engine aftermath

JonS

i still dont get why they were doing any kind of "maintenance run u" with passengers on the aircraft AND at the gate??? we always went to the run up pad,

side note: I think that was the fastest I have ever seen fuel burnt, brakes locked and a crj-700 at 75 power for a few minutes destroys fuel!

Most aviation maintenance manuals indicate basic danger zones. Which will vary a bit with different types of aircraft. A military engine running afterburner at takeoff has a large and nasty zone to the rear in both temperature and wind speed. I can't find the blast and temp danger maps I remember seeing, so here is some Canadian aviation info:

Typical commercial danger zones:

Picture1.png

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ol1kEjVRTt4/TUWEn0wD9JI/AAAAAAAAAAs/p86DNCPD_HU/s400/Picture1.png

air1_7en.gif

http://www.tc.gc.ca/media/images/ca-publications/air1_7en.gif

Notice the jumbo jet 1600ft danger area to the rear during takeoff.

I drove past the airport one night (in a van) and boom, I got knocked out of the right lane into the left. I look back and some goof mechanic had a small twin jet backed up at the fence, and running one engine at a part throttle test.

Just who exactly do you call to clean that up? As small as those parts are, I have to believe it was pretty damn fast.

My oldest brother was in the air force. A fighter just on a training mission crashed on moorland and my brother was picked to be part of the "bod squad" - looking for body parts. Either they took most of the body away first or the accident was just epic because not one person on the bod squad found a piece bigger than a fingertip. They formed a line and walked swaths up and down the area bagging any piece of flesh they could find.

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. This mechanic will be that man. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster."

"more aware of his surroundings"

• Upvote 1