My 7yr olds new bike...

fireman_343

So, after almost 3 years on his PW50, it's time to step it up a bit. I picked up this KLX 110 for him last week.

I'm working on it right now.. Just got new sprockets/chain, and a new seat and Monster Energy sticker kit is on the way. A few friends are hooking him up with new wheels, bars, swing arm, forks and 4th gear drum. Thanks (you know who u are)

Anyway, he can't wait to learn how to ride it, and learn how to shift (kinda)

When he is use to the bike, I'll be getting it set up for pavement and slap on some roadrace wheels w/ TT92's!!

2b08d702.jpg

060fa5c8.jpg

Wife walked down to the basement when we were both at full tuck acting like we were racing each other... She had to snap a pic!

ee02bc3e.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys! I'm excited, so much so that I haven't touched my race bike yet.. Been buying all kinds of stuff for his and getting it ready!!

Here is a pic from early last season at CRP following me on a XR100 with him on his old PW.. First time on pavement and he did great, drag'n pegs in every corner! Haha

Snapshot%204%20(9-12-2011%209-07%20AM).png

Thanks guys! I'm excited, so much so that I haven't touched my race bike yet.. Been buying all kinds of stuff for his and getting it ready!!

Here is a pic from early last season at CRP following me on a XR100 with him on his old PW.. First time on pavement and he did great, drag'n pegs in every corner! Haha

Snapshot%204%20(9-12-2011%209-07%20AM).png

Great pic!!

Thanks guys.. got it all apart now and getting the plastics cleaned up and ready for the new Monster Energy sticker kit, new sprockets and chain are here and cut to size. Now, just waiting for his other parts to get in so I can start to update everything. It will look like a new(er) bike when I'm done!

Starting to come together.. I don't know who's more excited to ride.. My son or me

Huge Thanks to both Paul Finn and Paul Ringel for the hookup on KLX parts!

Here is a sneek peek.. I did order a set of new side number plates for him, so I don't have to cut the new sticker kit. More updates will be posted soon!!

New foot peg bracket w/pegs, ProTaper TwoBros bar, new swing arm, new wheels, cleaned up and polished his Exhaust, new brake lever, new seat (not pictured), new sticker kit.. Etc..

b7d501d5.jpg

e31e2cb8.jpg

78ac28d2.jpg

fd9ccf9b.jpg

9a58f6c9.jpg

Got it done and ready for him to ride... New gear, parts on the bike and all new look!

Thanks to everyone that helped to get it where it is now.. I now have one very happy 7 yr old!

BRAPP!!!

33a80fd5.jpg

9d8a9a84.jpg

6fa5a4db.jpg

Edited by fireman_343

Okay, last update....

Justin got to ride his new dirt bike today for the 1st time!! I am probably the proudest father on the planet!! No joke!

He only fell off the bike twice when he came to a stop (bikes a little heavier and taller than his last one).

I didn't focus on having him shift gears or anything now, I just wanted him to get comfortable on the bike and get use to the power delivery, suspension, etc.. He did great and everything he should at this stage!! He was happy, and the first thing he said to me was, "daddy, I'm not slow anymore!" I couldn't help but laugh!! I'll have to adjust the bars up a little, because he was sitting too far back on the seat, but... today was just letting him run it around and get the feel of the bike.

Anyway, here are a few pic's I took (with my iPhone, damn thing takes great pic's)...

DSC09899.jpg

6b8a7778.jpg

cbb6bca2.jpg

3b6329ce.jpg

e9ed0c12.jpg

01028a5d.jpg

DSC09912.jpg