Open carry event (maybe)

Tonik

It's clear that the big supporters of open carry here are just running their mouth. If they actually did what they said they'd be all over the news like those morons in Beavercreek in the video linked above.

I assume the "morons" in the link you mean the police and dispatch for not knowing the laws they are paid to up hold

Would you like to try and get my gun from me while I am open carrying? Lets meet at a range or somewhere I will unloaded my firearm, you can confirm its unloaded and lets see if you get it out if its holster. I have $100 that says you don't and you wind up with a headache/broken nose, and then the gun drawn on you. I have trained for someone attempting to touch my gun. If someone does try to get my gun it is considered a threat and lethal force is permitted from the law enforcement I have talked to. Secondly I usually have a backup. Thirdly I usually open carry in a retention holster Blackhawk serpa or thumb break. Fourthly I am very aware of my surroundings.

FYI I am serious let's meet up and see if you get my firearm(unloaded) from me!

I am no bad ass, if a criminal wants to attack me because I am carrying a firearm, I guess we will find out who is a bigger bad ass. Although I don't think it has anything to do with being a bad ass.

You are a more desirable target if you are concealed carrying, because they don't know if you can defend yourself. I have no problem if you choose to conceal carry or open carry, I do have a problem with you saying I am abusing the law by abiding by the law!

If the property owner posts a no concealed firearms sign then they don't want concealed firearms. If they didn't want un concealed firearms the sign would read NO GUNS ALLOWED! The property own has every right to post if they wish just as I have every right to carry in a manner that is not restricted at their establishment. I also have the right not to do business with them.

None of my arguments make sense? Lets Break the topic down.

Is it legal to Open Carry in Ohio?

Is it faster to draw from open carry or concealed?

Is it my right?

Does Open carrying make it clear to the bad guys that I am prepared to defend myself?

This is not a valid argument or point. Someone’s ability to execute their own personal philosophy does not prove or disprove their stance in most cases. If I were to be able to remove your firearm does it make your personal choice invalid? Of course it doesn't and the inverse is also true.

I think the poster you are referring to is full of shit but proving your ability to thwart him physically doesn't make him any more wrong or you more right.

We have had this type of argument in here before and being able to out ride someone doesn't insulate you from being an asshole nor does being a poor rider make you a piece of shit.

This is not a valid argument or point. Someone’s ability to execute their own personal philosophy does not prove or disprove their stance in most cases. If I were to be able to remove your firearm does it make your personal choice invalid? Of course it doesn't and the inverse is also true.

I think the poster you are referring to is full of shit but proving your ability to thwart him physically doesn't make him any more wrong or you more right.

We have had this type of argument in here before and being able to out ride someone doesn't insulate you from being an asshole nor does being a poor rider make you a piece of shit.

Your right! He was just so concerned someone could remove my weapon.

By morons, I mean the idiots hanging out around base showing off their weapons in a restaurant.

If people are handling loaded weapons in public trying to show them off then they are morons. If you think someone sitting down eating with an open holstered firearm is showing off you are a moron.