Gas may be $4/ga tomorrow

chevysoldier

Interesting just in time for an upcoming election year. Then once he gets back in office (I hope not), the gates will close. Nothing like trying to please the sheeple where it hits them most.

yah i mean what the fuck did he do anyway?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/15/us/politics/15address.html?_r=3&hp

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/may/14/nation/la-na-obama-alaska-20110514

http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=111458

and also...

http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2011/01/13/13greenwire-two-thirds-of-federal-oil-and-gas-drilling-per-13123.html

look. just to be clear. im not saying that obama did it ALL and the increase in production is 100% due to him. obviously thats not true. of course there has been increased production in north dakota which has helped out.

but to say that he hasnt done anything, wouldnt be true either.

gas prices and oil production are complex issues, and no one party is 100% responsible for either of those. its not like obama sets the price of gas for the country when he wakes up each morning. changes in our oil production do not happen overnight either.

i feel that while domestic oil production has a large role in our energy security and our economy, its maybe not enough to change oil prices globally long term.

Ive seen some of you people on here, im sure some of you remember cars not capable of 55mph. Ahh the "when i was ur age stories", gotta lovem. My mom has a picture of my dad posting a gas price of 1.15/gallon with a line of cars, think that was like 20-30years ago

It was about $1.30 in the mid 90's

When I had my moped ('86), I was 14 and paying $.75/gal. I couldn't believe gas went up to $1.00/gal soon after that.:D

I started driving in 86. I would drive 10 miles to fill up on $.99 gas. I refused to pay $1/gal. It was the principle, man! :lol:

this is why I got a job 9 miles from my house. I can go to work for almost 4 weeks on a tank of gas.:bow:

+1 million for this i love it.

When I had my moped ('86), I was 14 and paying $.75/gal. I couldn't believe gas went up to $1.00/gal soon after that.:D

Gas was under a buck in the 90's. I was always have to walk to the station with a gas can for mowin lawns

OMGZ!?!?! The WORLD IS ENDING :rolleyes:

and god damnit when are people going to realize the President has ZERO to do with the price of crude oil. Yes he can push an agenda but he can't just say "fuck these people raise the gas prices" and boom its done. And for the most part I super dislike Obama but its ludicrous to put total blame on him

Edited by Bad324

Just saw this at my local Speedway. I assume by market conditions they are worried about people not paying and driving away. I always pay at the pump so no worries. In fact I know of no other station in Cbus that isn't prepay.

0723629e.jpg

Edited by jagr

That was the last I believe.

Actually in my travels to Wisconsin and Minnesota there are many. Most don't have Credit swipers on the pump and were rolling numbers, not digital.

Hell I couldn't even find 92 octane in South Dakota. My baby had to run off 88.

Not 89. Pumps were marked 88.

Edited by jagr

^^^hell I didn't know there were any gas stations left where you didnt have to pre pay already

I haven't seen a non pre pay pump since I first started driving 7 years ago. Just always pay with my credit card because it's easier and gets me money back.

Haha, you all do realize that in Europe its been over 8.00 a gallon since the late 90's right? I got my license in 1999 and it was over $3.00US a litre. Think about what it is over there now?

We've been looking at our plans for Switzerland for our honeymoon and basically will be using rail as our main means of transit. 2.00 mile drive to our hotel, and free parking so we we will still rent a car, but I'd guess gas is about $15.00US a gallon by now.

Either way, it is what it is, you either pay the price or you don't. Not too many options out there right?

Haha, you all do realize that in Europe its been over 8.00 a gallon since the late 90's right? I got my license in 1999 and it was over $3.00US a litre. Think about what it is over there now?

We've been looking at our plans for Switzerland for our honeymoon and basically will be using rail as our main means of transit. 2.00 mile drive to our hotel, and free parking so we we will still rent a car, but I'd guess gas is about $15.00US a gallon by now.

Either way, it is what it is, you either pay the price or you don't. Not too many options out there right?

A few weeks ago I saw a chart showing prices in Europe and I think The Netherlands was the highest at $9+/gal

unfortunately, the US does not have the infrastructure in place to have mass transit.

There was a nice mass transit system in the US, but somehow, it seemed to slowly get dismantled due to the availability of cheap personal transportation....

My little yaris gets about 39-42mpg my explorer about 17-20mpg bike gets about 38mpg if I'm cruising looks like the explorer will be parked a lot more this summer

That's all the better tour yaris gets? I had an 05 corolla S with a 5 spd and I got mid 40's in town and high 40's highway. A couple times I got 50+ and I have a heavy foot. I also calculate fuel mileage the old fashioned way I don't trust the cars computer to calculate.

So, anyone find gas to have risen up? Our local gas stations are typically higher than out by the interstate. They have been @ $.08/gal for the last two weeks. I paid $3.58 last night and need fuel for the dirty bikes today... Was afraid to even trek into town...