WTF O.R aka casper

gixxie750

I believe its a rule from the manufacturers. There is a floor on what you are allowed to advertise the price as.

^^^all this. They dont have a choice due to the manufacturers

The thing is that there are multiple dealers on here. I don't see why Brandon wouldn't be allowed to pay to advertise also. I bet Pony, Riders Discount, McCoy, Hob's, Independent, 35 Motorsports, etc are all going to be competing in the sale of any set item. Same with the fact that there are multiple track day sponsors, etc...

I think the more, the better. Brandon gets Sidi and AGV and Hob doesn't. They both get the same tires, but not the same as Riders and Pony...

There's enough to go around in my mind.

I suspect there is a reason. Always two sides... Casper will chime in and educate us and we will know for sure. I am willing to bet he has a good reason or there is a complete mis-understanding...

Just history man, just history.
On a serious note, I have been impressed with the AFJ vs. OR BS seems to have gone bye bye.
And I've been hoping it stays that way...
I have NO problems with the site. You know I have never been like that. Just after at least 20 attemps I had to post as I have gone ALL In.
Again, I've sent you a PM. I feel it's probably in your best interest not to bring up your views about this site and the members here.

I have no rule about this.

I know, but I like how they do it and keep it professional. I think it adds credibility and allows it to be off the board in terms of pricing. Wasn't suggesting you make them all do it. Just thought it was cool they do.

Just history man, just history.

And I've been hoping it stays that way...

Again, I've sent you a PM. I feel it's probably in your best interest not to bring up your views about this site and the members here.

Got your PM!! THANKS!!! As for the membors ALLOT have met me and I know they are going to see me again and again! Hell I am racing AMA PRO,own a shop,coach mid-oh,putnam and who knows what else. Yes the older days were "crazy" and sorta fun at the time,but we all are riders and we all have a passion.

• Upvote 1

I know, but I like how they do it and keep it professional. I think it adds credibility and allows it to be off the board in terms of pricing. Wasn't suggesting you make them all do it. Just thought it was cool they do.

It is nice to know about specials that they have, but like how they keep pricing requests in PM's.

it's called MAP pricing.

Oh, for sure. They have MAP policies and even RSAs that they have to abide by. But, they could still advertise certain items that do NOT have a policy and yet they do not. Tires do not have MAP policies and yet I don't see a cluster of that going on. I also do not see Pony blowing it up with their prices on closeouts that have zero MAP policies.

I just think the right guys do the right thing and do it well. Hob seems to be doing that also. I think it is cool and refreshing.

Trust me, I see shit everyday in this industry. We have a bike right now that is CRAZY rare and I have dealers already advertising it or rather, telling customers that they will knock off $500 off retail. The things are so hard to get that retail is a DEAL! Yet, there are guys cutting throats even though they don't have to.

I think being professional in how you do ads on forums is cool. RD and Hob and Pony do that. So do the others, but we see more from the three I just mentioned.

They could get in a pissing match, but that ends up bad for everyone and they avoid that.

So far, at least!:D

I publicly support casper and his decisions, he hasn't been spiteful or unfair, but he has every right to decide who/what sponsors this site, for any professional or personal reasons he may have.

Suck up