O.R. Bug out weekends!

kawi kid

That's right kids! We are going primitive! Many folks on here talk about having their bug out bags ready at a moments notice but have you ever tested them? Well it's my belief that you need to work the bugs out of your kits before the time arises when you truly need them.... And that's what we're planning to do.

Me and Casper were talking and we came up with a fun idea today. We want to do a little hanging out, test out some gear, and have some fun. So I guess you could say we are just going camping but bug out weekends sound much cooler. But here comes the kicker and where we put the O.R. twist to it.

We want to plan some where around three or four outings, each time we make it a little more difficult.

For the first trip we talked about an over night at my farm... Drive right to the camp spot, pitch your tent, unload your cooler, shoot some guns possibly. A normal camping experience. This is a beginner experience.

Next time we go let's say we leave our tents at home :)

Maybe the time after that we take a short hike to the camp spot? ;)

And for the grand finale we hit up a trail called wildcat hollow. Casper has more info on this, but basically a 7 mile hike to camp and back out the next day. :D

This is all based on interest of course. If the majority of folks do not wanna do anymore than just hit up my farm and camp under the stars near our pond that is fine, we can just stick to that, and the guys who wanna play along and not use tents or whatever can do that while the others live their lives of luxury. Lol

Questions, comments, concerns? Who is in, who is out? GO!

This sounds interesting.

So we ride in, set-up and start shooting. What could go wrong with that ?

Oh wait, I forgot the coolers, all of course will have Pepsi, and Sprite I'm sure, but then again, what could go wrong ?

Still sounds like fun, :eek:

I'm in.

RSA,

Greg

And for the grand finale we hit up a trail called wildcat hollow. Casper has more info on this, but basically a 7 mile hike to camp and back out the next day. :D

A good friend of mine does some serious backpacking trips in WV. something like a 25 mile loop over 3 days. I have been seriously considering doing one of these trips.

if I am off work I would be in for most of the above. I use to do this when I was younger we would spend a week in the woods with a man made shelter, and try to live off the land with only minimal food brought with us. set up some dates so we can plan time of if needed.

Sounds good. This would be a good test of "preparedness". I'll have to pick up a tent and a Hi-Point. and a back pack / duffle bag.

I'll be in for the first camping 101 experience. If we are all jacked-up on Pepsi, sounds like I'd be awake way past my normal bedtime.

This sounds interesting.

So we ride in, set-up and start shooting. What could go wrong with that ?

Oh wait, I forgot the coolers, all of course will have Pepsi, and Sprite I'm sure, but then again, what could go wrong ?

Still sounds like fun, :eek:

I'm in.

RSA,

Greg

You obviously don't know my standards of saftey when it comes to shooting. Any party we have had at our place has the zero tolerance policy on drinking and shooting. If you are drinking you aren't shooting period.

When everyone is done shooting then we.will open the coolers.