Motorcycle insurance

PrincessPratt

So I just got my new insurance quote for my mc insurance from american family. It went from $321/yr to $1489/yr. :mad::mad::mad: Wow!!! They said they started coding "superbikes" differently. Thus, I need a new insurance company.

Does anyone know of anyone in Cols who has cheaper insurance for a 33 year old female with no points and GREAT credit. I know they go by your FICO score now a days. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

State Farm. I go with Chuck Layne (sp) in Hilliard. He's on Cemetery Rd. I think I pay $420(might be less) per year for full coverage. I forget my deductibles and other important details. When I had my CBR 600, i paid under $200...so I'm guessing you'll pay some place in between.

When I got my CBR, State Farm wouldn't insure just a bike for I had to transfer my car over too. I had great rates for my car via Erie, but figured I'd save money since the bike was so cheap (compared to others). So I transferred.

When I bought my house, my new insurance company would give me better overall rates for everything that I needed to insure if I did multiple policies. So when I called State Farm to cancel my policy, they stated that I could keep my CBR there, even though I didn't have a car with them. So, you might be ok with transferring your bike there without additional policies

Also, go to any dealership, they can probably refer you to some 'shady' insurers who will do it cheaper. Again, check the deductibles and other important details!

State Farm is by far the cheapest for sportbikes. They go by CC's only, no matter what type of bike it is. I'm a 33 yr old male with a few points on my license as well as a crash awhile back and I pay $531 on my 2008 FZ1. I was only paying $440 a year on my 2006 CBR1000RR

State farm is a good option...however and I think you qualify, but you have to be 29 or somethin to be insured.

Because I have less than 10 years riding experience or not old enough I couldn't get it.

So I went with Allstate who also has good rates

State farm is a good option...however and I think you qualify, but you have to be 29 or somethin to be insured.

Because I have less than 10 years riding experience or not old enough I couldn't get it.

Unless they changed their rules, I don't think that's true. I've been with State Farm since I was 25 and at the time I had only had my motorcycle license for about 2 years. Also, they just insured my buddy last year when he bought my 600RR and he's 27 and didn't even have his endorsement at the time.

We pay about $1000 a year ($80/month) for full coverage of four motorcycles (03 CBR600RR, 06 Royalstar, 07 Vstar, 97 Sportster).

I'm 30 and Mark is 33. Neither of us have any points and our credit is good.

Our agent is

Larry Marshall

Allstate

The Portale Agency

510 S State St

Westerville , OH 43081

614-442-7777

614-442-7778

We also have our homeowner's insurance with them which I think gave us an additional discount.

Unless they changed their rules, I don't think that's true. I've been with State Farm since I was 25 and at the time I had only had my motorcycle license for about 2 years. Also, they just insured my buddy last year when he bought my 600RR and he's 27 and didn't even have his endorsement at the time.

Maybe it was just me they didn't want to insure. I don't know. I just remember it being a hassle and got those reasons, so I went with All state.

I've been with State Farm since 2005 and I'm paying $31/month for my ZX14 insurance with $100 deductibles! That's AWESOME! They're the best for bike insurance. But you have to have less than 2 tickets for them to consider you for a new client. Automobile, home, bike $122/month!

I remember when I was with Progressive, who suck in price by the way, they were charging me almost $200/month for a 636! It was stupid! Most of the time if they're too high, it out-weighs the value of the motorcycle itself, therefore, not even making sense!

Well it looks like state farm will be my initial call. Thanks for the info. I about had a massive coronary when they told me my rates were raising that much. I hope I don't need to switch my car & home owners insurance as well b/c I do have really great rates at american family.

Well it looks like state farm will be my initial call. Thanks for the info. I about had a massive coronary when they told me my rates were raising that much. I hope I don't need to switch my car & home owners insurance as well b/c I do have really great rates at american family.

It's tough to compare insurances based on yearly price alone. Some maybe rockin' the "SafeAuto" minimum coverages on their policies, which for a home owner you probably don't want to do. If you crash in to a nice car and you don't have enough coverage, they might come after your other possessions.

With that said, you might not care what your deductible is...you might end up 'totaling' your bike with a decent accident or you might just fix yourself, without insurance if you don't do much damage.

Anyway, here's what my $400.76 get me each year.

Liability

Bodily Injury $100,000/300,000

Property Damage $100,000

Cost: $46.74

$250 Deductible Comprehensive

Cost: $64.56

$500 Deductible Collision

Cost: $187.37

Uninsured Motor Vehicle

Cost: $102.08

I have progressive. Its $1000 a year for the 750 with $10,000 in accesories covered. My TL was high,but now its 500 a year full coverage. I pay like $3000 grand a year in all for all my toys. progressive is great and FAST when you do need them. Takes like 24 hours to get a check from them.

I have progressive. Its $1000 a year for the 750 with $10,000 in accesories covered. My TL was high,but now its 500 a year full coverage. I pay like $3000 grand a year in all for all my toys. progressive is great and FAST when you do need them. Takes like 24 hours to get a check from them.

I have to disagree with progressive being "great". They are convenient, that's about it. Ever had to file a claim? I doubt you would be praising them if you had. Their claims examiners get paid a commision for parts they can get you to take off the original estimate once they look at your bike. I've had progressive in the past and have filed a claim with both them and state farm, state farm was SO much better to deal with.

So I went with Allstate who also has good rates

You're wrong.

I got insurance through them at 25 with the same cheap rates as everyone else.

It's tough to compare insurances based on yearly price alone. Some maybe rockin' the "SafeAuto" minimum coverages on their policies, which for a home owner you probably don't want to do. If you crash in to a nice car and you don't have enough coverage, they might come after your other possessions.

With that said, you might not care what your deductible is...you might end up 'totaling' your bike with a decent accident or you might just fix yourself, without insurance if you don't do much damage.

Anyway, here's what my $400.76 get me each year.

Liability

Property Damage $100,000

Cost: $46.74

$250 Deductible Comprehensive

Cost: $64.56

$500 Deductible Collision

Cost: $187.37

Uninsured Motor Vehicle

Cost: $102.08

I understand they liabilities and I appreciate your information. I don't mind paying a little bit more if I can feel safe with the company I'm with. I want someone I can trust. I'm currently with american family and when I wrecked my jetta in front of the cols airport last year (darn deer) at 0300 in the morning I still didn't have ANYTHING done when I got back from cancun over a week later!!! I'm still with them merely b/c of convenience but so ready to change. I don't like allstate b/c of the way they dealt with another claim of mine when a lady ran into my rover. I am ALL about customer service but I'm willing to try state farm.

Has anyone had any claims from state farm??? For car & home owners...

I've had two claims with state farm, one motorcycle and one car, and I can say their customer service was second to none. Mine were both relatively small claims and were handled both very professionally and quickly. One of my buddy's has also had a couple claims with state farm (much larger claims) and he has nothing but positive things to say also.

So I just got my new insurance quote for my mc insurance from american family. It went from $321/yr to $1489/yr. :mad::mad::mad: Wow!!! They said they started coding "superbikes" differently. Thus, I need a new insurance company.

Does anyone know of anyone in Cols who has cheaper insurance for a 33 year old female with no points and GREAT credit. I know they go by your FICO score now a days. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

go to mcgraw