Mentor Bike night ride 3/22/12

magley64

I wanna see that! Did you ever look into the steering problem or anything?

yup...reset the steering damper, aired up the tires properly and moved the wiring harness that the fork rubbed which inhibited full movement of steering to the right. Still need to figure out a better fix for that as the wiring harness is back in the way. But seems like the majority of the problem went away from what I can tell. Will have to see when I hit the streets. Thought I actually had a buyer or 2 lined up for it but both went MIA

yup...reset the steering damper, aired up the tires properly and moved the wiring harness that the fork rubbed which inhibited full movement of steering to the right. Still need to figure out a better fix for that as the wiring harness is back in the way. But seems like the majority of the problem went away from what I can tell. Will have to see when I hit the streets. Thought I actually had a buyer or 2 lined up for it but both went MIA

I know how that is with buyers, although I got a LOT of serious interest once we got a few warm days (sold within 3 warm days). Try zip tying the harness the the stay maybe? Its possible he routed it wrong while doing the plastics swap.

its definitely routed wrong, part of the problem was that it WAS zip tied to the stay. I just gotta play with it and figure it out whenever I decide ot actually put the new FE on as well

Hey Bad the bike night is Thursday not Wednesday

hmm well in that case maybe. Love how I screwed that up knowing my bday is Saturday :lol:

anyone know an interesting way out that way from over here?