I need a good pair of cold weather riding gloves

namtugeoj

Rode to work this morning at about 5:00 - 5:15. After awhile my hands started to really get cold through the gloves I was wearing, not sure the brand. Either way I want your opinion and suggestion on gloves when riding on the highway in 40 degree weather. I'm on IP.com now kind of looking around and can't decide.

I don't know how extreme is your problem, but my hands freeze up even with mild temps, I went for held freezer gloves and it is awesome, never had probs even when riding at 30s kinda pricey but I had no other choice

I don't know how extreme is your problem, but my hands freeze up even with mild temps, I went for held freezer gloves and it is awesome, never had probs even when riding at 30s kinda pricey but I had no other choice

Honestly the gloves I have are good for 50 - 60 mph but once i hit up to 75 it was like i wasn't wearing gloves at all.

Leather gauntlet gloves from Traders world $20. Not the best and I'm planning on getting some nicer ones but they work for me right now. Wore em this morning and wast bad at all, also was riding around 5:30-6

Tourmaster Cold-Tex ($20-$35) with a pair of thin cotton gloves as liners (the kind you buy for $5 for a 3 pack.)

Works really well for me from about 35f thru 60f since I can take the cotton gloves out if it gets up to 50+.

Waterproof, mostly wind resistant, etc.

Or you could get a pair of Hugger gloves... Something leather with thinsulate in them and perhaps use the cotton liner glove with them as well. That'd be windproof and waterproof.

-b

Get yourself some 5 dollar soft industrial rubber gloves, like dish washing gloves only a little heavier. Get them big enough so they go over your regular gloves. That kills all the wind and you will be toasty warm with the added bonus that you now have waterproof gloves for rain.

Get yourself some 5 dollar soft industrial rubber gloves, like dish washing gloves only a little heavier. Get them big enough so they go over your regular gloves. That kills all the wind and you will be toasty warm with the added bonus that you now have waterproof gloves for rain.

Thats not a bad thought. But wouldn't they be a bit bulky?

Thats not a bad thought. But wouldn't they be a bit bulky?

A little, but not too bad. I wouldn't want to perform brain surgery with a pair on but I have no problem using the bikes controls and switches with them on. Just get don't get real thick ones and size them to be pretty snug over your regular gloves. Been doing it that way for years.

Went over to IP to get a face mask of sorts, ended up getting gloves too. Impulse buyer. I got Tour Master Polar-tex. Rode with back to work and couldn't feel any wind resistances or nothing. Have to get used to the tighter grip on them. I wasn't letting my clutch out enough sometimes. But they should do the trick when it is 40 degrees out like tomorrow morning.

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/TOURMASTERPOLARTEXGLVBLK.jpg/Brand/TOUR%20MASTER/Class2/Gloves/Class3/Street%20Gloves-Mens/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

Namtugeoj, yes the link to the Iron Pony are the correct gloves. And yes, they are very wind resistant.

I saw somebody recommended heated gloves...

So, in order, by higher to lower temperature: good gloves, good gloves plus heated grips, heated grips plus heated gloves.

Depends on how much cold weather riding you're really going to do and how much you're going to spend to be comfortable.

Here's what I do for 35 to 45 degree weather: good gloves (like the polar tex), thin glove liners, heated grips -- stop for coffee and warm everything up when you get cold.

haha, all this just in time for it to warm up for the season!

i have these

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/37/17120/ITEM/Alpinestars-Polar-Gore-Tex-Gloves.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

i like them because they have the knuckle protection, and a lot of the other cold weather gloves i saw were basically like ski gloves.

I like those - good choice!

Racer offers an awesome pair of winter gloves

the Dynamic 2 Goretex

http://www.racerusa.net/waterproof

they also have the hard nuckles

the multitop in that same link is a nice all arounder as well. a littlel less warmth, but love the kangaroo palm., and they are waterproof

and same link, the Novus is a full on winter glove which is there go to glove for winter before the dynamic 2 came out.

im a Racer Glove fan lol.. have a pair of there gauntlet race gloves and a pair of the short sport gloves.

thats why i sell them, i wear them, i know the quality, and they are some damn fine gloves! hold up to crashes well too lol

Edited by Hoblick

You get what you pay for, I would front the money and get them instead of buying five junk pairs of gloves then buying them