"Riding Styles"

shadyflyer

So, I've learned how a lot of forum members feel about cruisers, and those that ride them. But, I notice that there isn't a sub-forum for cruising in the "Riding Styles" section. So, and is it safe to assume that the cruiser-types aren't wanted here?

I think that is a more specific subforum. Like people that race, or do tricks or whatnot. I believe that riding style is refering to what you prefer to do with your bike, not the kind of bike you ride. Your thinking of bike style(cruiser, chopper, rocket, standard etc...)

Edited by Exarch

I would not make that giant leap to say that cruiser riders aren't wanted. Asshats aren't wanted. Cruisers are fine.

If I sold my bike and bought a cruiser today, I guarantee people on here would treat me with the exact same level of disrespect.

• Upvote 1

I would not make that giant leap to say that cruiser riders aren't wanted. Asshats aren't wanted. Cruisers are fine.

If I sold my bike and bought a cruiser today, I guarantee people on here would treat me with the exact same level of disrespect.

Agree, everyone's welcome.

cruisers are well liked here...

there are a few people who dislike them, I just find them pointless...

If i had no other option, I'd ride a cruiser.

My biggest contention is that you can easily a sport bike slow, riding a cruiser fast is a more difficult proposition.

I think that is a more specific subforum. Like people that race, or do tricks or whatnot. I believe that riding style is refering to what you prefer to do with your bike, not the kind of bike you ride. Your thinking of bike style(cruiser, chopper, rocket, standard etc...)

Well, not really. it is a different kind of riding, too. We "prefer to do" different things with those bikes, too. In addition, there is a sub-forum for dirt bikes and off-road bikes, too. So, that counter-argument doesn't hold water.

No, Asshats abound here. I know that often we don't see our friends through clear eyes, but there are tons of them here. In the short time that I've been here, I've witnessed a couple of people get run off the forums because they did a different kind of riding than others do. "I don't do that, and my friends don't do that, and we don't want to be a part of your stupid parade". That's pretty much what it sounds like!

Well, most people aren't going online to look for "respect" from forum members. Usually, they're looking to learn more, share ideas, meet people, etc. Is the issue that it's more of a "closed community", where forum members have to "prove" themselves somehow before they get said respect?

there are a few people who dislike them, I just find them pointless...

If i had no other option, I'd ride a cruiser.

That's my point. I think that sport bikes are incredible silly, too. But, I don't take the opportunity to mention that every time somebody starts a thread relating to a sport bike.

bs cruisers are the bane of all proper riders they ride antiquated bike that leak more oil then the exon Valdez and sped more time in parking lots then on the road. they should just sell their bikes to me really cheap. yep really cheap so i can join the oh my back does not hurt from riding 600 miles crouched over club, or i can say holy shit i made it there unlike my 39 year old honda cb350f that breaks down more than an AMF harley davidson.

that said if you have thin skin act like an ass hat and think you are not going to get called on it on the internet then yes we have have issues with cruiser riders, squids, yut uggh wannabies, cafe racer wrecks waiting to happen in a 70's era sparkly helmet, and lastly anyone who cant take a joke.

OR welcomes anyone and will help anyone if they just be themselves. we have had some of the nicest people here that were hurt or lost interest because of ass hat wing poachers. so in all honesty everyone is welcome just take the internet with a grain of salt as we are more then often all trolls here.

So, I've learned how a lot of forum members feel about cruisers, and those that ride them. But, I notice that there isn't a sub-forum for cruising in the "Riding Styles" section. So, and is it safe to assume that the cruiser-types aren't wanted here?

Next group ride show up. I think your opinion will change.

I dont think you have been here long enough then because the only time people get run off the forum is when they are asking for it, ie trolling and endangering others with their riding style, Ringo for example. Yes this forum is full of gun toting sport bike riders who CAN BE ass holes, but everyone is accepted equally until they prove they should be treated other wise.

that said if you have thin skin act like an ass hat and think you are not going to get called on it on the internet then yes we have have issues with cruiser riders, squids, yut uggh wannabies, cafe racer wrecks waiting to happen in a 70's era sparkly helmet, and lastly anyone who cant take a joke.

Agreed that some friendly ribbing is par for the course, and even expected. However, it often goes beyond that.

Remember threads like this one, this one, and even this one?

Even friendly 'ol Magley64 helps to antagonize!

Dirt/off road arnt real bikes. So tell me where the crotch rocket section is for those of us that dont race or stunt them? Where is the HD section? Or the BMW section? Point is there is none, this forum is for ALL bikers, if you want special attention for ur bike go to said bike specific forum(I am part of ninjette.org for all my ninja needs) there is no rule against being part of 2 or more fourms, infact most people belong to others. This forum is for people that have 2 things in comon #1 they like bikes #2 they live in Ohio. Said ninja forum everyone has everything in common except said state...

Oh also u can start ur own social group for people who like cruisers...

Edited by Exarch

I dont think you have been here long enough then because the only time people get run off the forum is when they are asking for it, ie trolling and endangering others with their riding style, Ringo for example. Yes this forum is full of gun toting sport bike riders who CAN BE ass holes, but everyone is accepted equally until they prove they should be treated other wise.

Review some of those links I posted . . . nothing in the way of trolling OR endangering! But, perhaps I haven't been here long enough.

Don't think I'd show up at the group ride, though. I do "different" things with my bike. LOL. A couple of weeks ago? Yeah. I was even about to kick in on the forum app. Now? Yeah, about that . . .

Agreed that some friendly ribbing is par for the course, and even expected. However, it often goes beyond that.

Remember threads like this one, this one, and even this one?

Even friendly 'ol Magley64 helps to antagonize!

I'm trying to become king shit of ragging on M/C members...lol

cruising is fine, and i'll ride to a stupid bike night every week for the heck of it...but I guess I just can't help myself when it comes to giving parade riders in matching vests a hard time.

Most of the ones I've met have this perception that being on a modern antique, and wearing matching clothes means that they are somehow "free" when in reality they just signed up for more rules, more beauracracy, and another person telling them what to do.

Edited by magley64
  • Upvote 2

cruising is fine, and i'll ride to a stupid bike night every week for the heck of it...but I guess I just can't help myself when it comes to giving parade riders in matching vests a hard time.

I know.

No, Asshats abound here. I know that often we don't see our friends through clear eyes, but there are tons of them here. In the short time that I've been here, I've witnessed a couple of people get run off the forums because they did a different kind of riding than others do. "I don't do that, and my friends don't do that, and we don't want to be a part of your stupid parade". That's pretty much what it sounds like!

this thread is gonna take off and I'm going to be sad to not be on the ball with having to leave the office and needing to work on my bike and grill tonite. But I refer you to these quotes down below:

Perhaps the feeling of unwantedness is due to douchebaggery instead of cruiser ownership.

Finally, its not WHAT YOU RIDE that gets you run off...its attitude and how you react to things. If you wanna turn into online macho man with a bad attitude then you're probably not gonna last

• Upvote 1

I was gunna invite you to be part of my special bike club. In my club no 2 people will ride the same type/brand of motorcycle, i.e. no one else with a ninja 250r can join, but a cbr 250 or a ninja 500 can join, but once a type/brand is taken that spot is permantly filled. Also we only wear our birthday suits and sunglasses while riding. Your loss buddy...

I am a giant asshole that can't ride or work on my bike for shit yet most people still love me because I'm awesome and fun to be around. Hell one of the people from the board I ride the most with has a cruiser. I guess difference is he rides the ever living shit out of it like a muscle cruiser is supposed to