bikes gone but new car!! (STI )

red1993sol

Y thanks for all the advice man I've been researching about them for awhile... And what bov do you suggest .. I have the ssqv ..... And I'll be joining the site this evening!!

For stock turbo, and stockish boost levels (under 20psi), the absolute best thing you can use is the stock BPV. There is no benefit to using a BOV on a Subaru with a recirculating system.

Ideally, you should be tuned to run the HKS unit due to running super rich on shifts/blow off.

I have the Legacy GT Limited which is an accord-sized car with the WRX drivetrain.

There are faster cars out there (not many on the road, though) but the combination of size, handling, AWD and turbo is so much fun in every traction condition that I won't sell it. Not happening.

It has a mild tune (Infamous Performance) and is good for 60 in 5.2 seconds.

Easy on the eye, too, I think:

CarFixed.jpg

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-subaru-brz-sports-car-first-drive-review

Wait until they come out with the sti version of this. Unlike the wrx its more practical as a sports car because it doesn't have the rally car design that'll never leave pavement.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-subaru-brz-sports-car-first-drive-review

Wait until they come out with the sti version of this. Unlike the wrx its more practical as a sports car because it doesn't have the rally car design that'll never leave pavement.

2 door, sexy shape... this i could get behind...

I like the way the legacy looks ... I was looking for one but there kinda hardto find a decent one that's clean. I like the new sti but Im still a fan of the older models ( 04- present) I wanted a hatch but didn't want to spend the extra cash

IMHO, the 2006 STi was the last year of the "good" STi's.

Less engine failures, better front control arms, nicer interior than previous and post 08+ models, etc...

If I had the cash, I'd buy a clean 02-03 WRX and build it with a 04 STi 6 speed, and a JDM Ver big heads engine. 400 WHP with an 8k RPM redline.

That would be a hoot!

IMHO, the 2006 STi was the last year of the "good" STi's.

Less engine failures, better front control arms, nicer interior than previous and post 08+ models, etc...

If I had the cash, I'd buy a clean 02-03 WRX and build it with a 04 STi 6 speed, and a JDM Ver big heads engine. 400 WHP with an 8k RPM redline.

That would be a hoot!

This is kind of the idea behind mine. It's a base '07 WRX with an '04 STi engine/trans/DCCD swapped in. Slap on a FMIC and a GT3076R (which is now the second one, thank you coolant leak) and you can pump out some decent numbers for a little ~3100lb car.

It's as fun as you'd think it would be.

(side note: if you've ever thought about upping the power on your WRX but not upgrading the rear differential, figuring "fuck it....it can take the power, right?" I have some sheared spider gears I'd love to show you :D)

this thread makes me miss having a fun "sporty" car.

i'll have to buy one before I get married.

You've got some time, don't fret.

Gay-Marriagelegal.gif

rear dif is definitely a weak spot on the base WRX, supposedly not as much with the STI

I have a handful of metal bits that agree.

• Upvote 2

The BRZ is what I'd love to have but I might wait until the turbo comes out. That gives me more time to save up the $$$ to pay cash.

At under 3,000 lbs., RWD, and turbo (don't care for an STi version, just put flippin' turbo on it) it'll be as much if not more fun than my 951.