homeland security's new swat vehicle

kawi kid

I love the first comment of why are these used in our own country. These should not be used on citizens of our country. The side of the truck says immigration and customs enforcement (ICE). The clientele of ICE isn't United States citizens.

I like it. I any of the Mexican drug wars spill into US territory we will need a few of these.

They have check out laredo Texas. The medias pretty good at keeping that hush hush.

There are a LIMITED amount of applications I can see something like this warranted. DHS currently uses SUV's, Jeep's, and pickups with the detention area in the bed to go up and down the border, all three of which don't do very well in a possible gunfight and do even worse against anything explosive. These would work for that application. Deploying something like this 50 miles inland on a state route WELL within United States jurisdiction would be WAY out of line.

I miss my LAV-25 and Dragoons.

I'd rock an MRAP though.

You probably sat on a seat manufactured by the company I used to work for, they made seats for the MRAP. Hope your ass was happy that day. :)

I love the first comment of why are these used in our own country. These should not be used on citizens of our country. The side of the truck says immigration and customs enforcement (ICE). The clientele of ICE isn't United States citizens.

According to the DHS's internal rules (http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/authority-us-customs-and-border-protection-agents-overview), ICE's jurisdiction extends 100 MILES inland from any international boundary, including both coasts. That boundary covers the entire upper half of Columbus. Yes, the targeted clientele of ICE and CBP aren't US citizens, but they've done WAY more than their fair share of scope creep.

You probably sat on a seat manufactured by the company I used to work for, they made seats for the MRAP. Hope your ass was happy that day. :)

According to the DHS's internal rules (http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/authority-us-customs-and-border-protection-agents-overview), ICE's jurisdiction extends 100 MILES inland from any international boundary, including both coasts. That boundary covers the entire upper half of Columbus. Yes, the targeted clientele of ICE and CBP aren't US citizens, but they've done WAY more than their fair share of scope creep.

You are confused sir. ICE and CBP are two different things. CBP is Customs and Border Patrol. Customs Officers are the guys at the ports of entry and what is known as the Functional Equivalent of the Border (International Airports). Border Patrol works between the ports of entry. ICE is Immigration and Customs Enforcement. They deal with the people who have gotten past the Border Patrol and Customs And those that have violated their legal status and are going to be deported. Your a little confused about the 100 miles a person found in the United States illegally can be removed from the country without a hearing with a judge if caught within 100miles of the border and has been in the country less than 25 days. It is policy (not law) that someone caught within 100 miles that is here illegally within 15 days sees a judge prior to their removal. You should check out the distance of the Casa Grande Border Patrol Station from the border. If you have access check out the area of responsibility for the Casa Grande or Willcox Border Patrol Station. I know a little bit about this stuff, trust me.

Also after reading the web page you linked to I think your confused about the 100 miles as it pertains to Border Patrols authority to search. Border Patrol can perform a search with reasonable suspicion with in 100 miles of the border. Beyond that they can perform searches with Probable Cause or perform a Terry Frisk for safety. There isn't a distance limit on the Border Patrols arrest authority within the United States.