My first AMA PRO round ATLANTA

gixxie750

I'm not an AMA superstar.

I just play one at Motoseries trackday events. :D

But I did sleep in Craig's trailer once. :nono:

Now, good luck Brandon! It's just one race, get that shit fixed and get back in the mix today.

I DO mean it...

I hope his luck improves, but he should also keep perspective, no sense dumping a bunch of money into something that isn't viable...

isnt viable? its his FIRST race....nobody goes out and wins it all on their first race....maybe he had a bad weekend? im not defending him, i dont even know the guy, but come on dude....no need to be such a dick to him for giving it a shot....i dont see you racing at the pro level

• Upvote 1

isnt viable? its his FIRST race....nobody goes out and wins it all on their first race....maybe he had a bad weekend?

it's not his first race, it's his first race at the pro level,:rolleyes: and he could have won if he were a better rider and/or better mechanic. everybody else in his race had an equal shot at winning, it's not like he's at some sort of disadvantage here, if anything as the most experienced rider he should have a sharp advantage over the 16-18 yr old field.

im not defending him, i dont even know the guy, but come on dude....no need to be such a dick to him for giving it a shot....

jesus, i'm just cracking a few jokes, chill out man...

I hope it works out for him, but again, if it's not viable, i hope he knows enough to quit before it bankrupts him.

i dont see you racing at the pro level

exactly, I know where my talents are, and they aren't in racing motorcycles, it's a hobby, not a viable career option for me. there are 10000000 riders out there better than me at going fast around a track, they are younger, more driven, better financed, and they have the means to practice every day. I'm pretty happy with my career choice.

Be a bigger man and just ignore him then.

The deal I was referring to was about the people that think they can do this. You couldn't do the job as a head team tech as well as say, Reuben from 35 Motorsports. But, you are right... He probably couldn't do your job as well as you do it...

The bottom line is that we all have talents, some of us can do a lot of different things. But, as you did with Ped, you got very upset and are lashing out at me saying I am stupid for what I stated. That's not a good way to debate things nor respond. The "you can't do it" was simply the racing part and the comments relating to that.

Again, Ped is a guy that does this a lot. Just ignore him. This thread was and IS about Brandon at Atlanta... Wish him luck and move on. One of the ORD members mentioned things about the racers and the shifter and cutting it. That was a few members actually... So, are ORD members any better with those comments? I was offended and responded... Same as what you felt and did with Ped's comments...

Relax, man. It's all good.

I just re-read this thread to double check and I didn't see where anyone implied they could do better or said anything negative about Brandon (until Magleys last post). I didn't say you were stupid, especially when it comes to bikes. But since it hadn't been said that someone could do better than him arguing that we can't is was about as relevant as me saying one couldn't do my job as well as me. It is about him at Atlanta and would be mostly full of better luck next time shit happens posts if ped didn't come over to stir shit. If we were arm chair quarter backing I could understand you being upset. As far as how I feel towards brandon, I wish him the best of luck in his shop and racing. Am I going to buy stuff from him? No I'm going to stick with Hoblick for his customer service. There was a time when I was going to give Brandon my business also but in light of the recent happenings I decided not to. I do support him as a local rider and want to see him do go but I by no means have to. Just because he is doing it doesn't mean we have to support him or shut up. That's what makes sports is the fans choosing sides.

Edited by cOoTeR

Be a bigger man and just ignore him then.

The deal I was referring to was about the people that think they can do this. You couldn't do the job as a head team tech as well as say, Reuben from 35 Motorsports. But, you are right... He probably couldn't do your job as well as you do it...

The bottom line is that we all have talents, some of us can do a lot of different things. But, as you did with Ped, you got very upset and are lashing out at me saying I am stupid for what I stated. That's not a good way to debate things nor respond. The "you can't do it" was simply the racing part and the comments relating to that.

Again, Ped is a guy that does this a lot. Just ignore him. This thread was and IS about Brandon at Atlanta... Wish him luck and move on. One of the ORD members mentioned things about the racers and the shifter and cutting it. That was a few members actually... So, are ORD members any better with those comments? I was offended and responded... Same as what you felt and did with Ped's comments...

Relax, man. It's all good.

I just re-read this thread to double check and I didn't see where anyone implied they could do better or said anything negative about Brandon (until Magleys last post). I didn't say you were stupid, especially when it comes to bikes. But since it hadn't been said that someone could do better than him arguing that we can't is as relevant as me saying one couldn't do my job as well as me. It is about him at Atlanta and would be mostly full of better luck next time shit happens posts if ped didn't come over to stir shit. If we were arm chair quarter backing I could understand you being upset. As far as how I feel towards brandon, I wish him the best of luck in his shop and racing. Am I going to buy stuff from him? No I'm going to stick with Hoblick for his customer service. There was a time when I was going to give Brandon my business also but in light of the recent happenings I decided not to. I do support him as a local rider and want to see him do good but I by no means have to. Just because he is doing it doesn't mean we have to support him or shut up. That's what makes sports work is the fans choosing sides.

(reposted because it wouldn't let me edit the post to correct typos)

it's not his first race, it's his first race at the pro level,:rolleyes: and he could have won if he were a better rider and/or better mechanic.

im sure theres a pretty huge difference between running track days and racing at the pro level. more nerves, adrenaline, excitement, etc....i think telling him to quit after his first attempt is premature. show me one racer who got out on their first pro level race ever and took the gold (and even if you can somehow dig one up - this is not the norm by far)? it just doesnt happen. some great racers have bad weekends, some get better with time.....will he be a total failure? maybe. its too soon to tell.....but condemning him after his first race is just shitty imo

to everyone blaming ped, he might have been stirring shit, but magley started all the drama in this thread implying that brandon isnt a good rider and should just quit

via this post

so what you're saying is that all the good racers have moved beyond this class by the age they can drink a beer to celebrate...

:lolhitsign:

not a good result, eh?

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=48034

and his following post about it not being viable for him to race

i got no problems with you magley, but regardless of how you feel about him, putting him down on his first race at a pro level and wishing him to fail is just low....what really irritated me enough about your posts to comment is the falseness of them.....if you posted up "fuck you prez, hope you fail" it would be more acceptable than "goodluck, i really hope you do well.....but you still fucking suck at riding" .....dont be two-faced, say what you mean and back it up, dont try and play a nice guy and veil all your insults to make it sound like you actually want him to do well

KTM-Brian hit the nail on the head when he said "This thread was and IS about Brandon...". Brandon started the post looking for attention and for the most part everyone was supportive. In light of the recent events and bashing he does in his own site about OR, does he really think he can start a thread and it is not gonna turn into a bunch of bullcrap? I have seen lots of negative posts about ohioriders.net by junkies including Brandon himself saying he is done with this forum, yet he keeps coming back. Did anyone read about Dishez and his porch parking job and everyone was trying to figure out what they did with his gun? Somebody says it's at ohioriders.net. Cute. It doesn't seem like OR go on the junkies forum and cry if something is said about OR but as soon as a junkie "thinks" something is said on here the tears start flowing. I wish Brandon the best and hope he continues racing.

• Upvote 1

lets get one thing straight KTM-Brian. ANYONE can buy thier way into wera races and get a expert license. so no one here isn't lacking any kind of talent except money and time to do a few races with wera.

2nd. you're no one to talk about talents. you consistantly finish last or close to it in just about any race you did.

so you can stop throwing that superior complex you have around on forums. brandon and his crew never ran any kind of impressive lap times. so it's just a hobby for them. if they were serious about the whole thing they would be in race schools etc more than thier track days.

and neither do you. so you're just an average joe like the rest of us doing it for fun

Edited by serpentracer
  • Upvote 1

lets get one thing straight KTM-Brian. ANYONE can buy thier way into wera races and get a expert license. so no one here isn't lacking any kind of talent except money and time to do a few races with wera.

2nd. you're no one to talk about talents. you consistantly finish last in just about any race you did.

so you can stop throwing that superior complex you have around on forums. brandon and his crew never ran any kind of impressive lap times. so it's just a hobby for them. if they were serious about the whole thing they would be in race schools etc more than thier track days.

and neither do you. so you're just an average joe like the rest of us doing it for fun

Whoa, tiger...

I will defend myself and ask you where I have finished last in every race I ever ran. I never finished last in any AMA Pro Supersport race I ran... Maybe in your mind I did...

Second, not sure where I ever down graded Brandon or anyone with their lap times. Mags got on here and made it sound like anyone can do it. I disagree.

Tell ya what, super star... I will give you my bike, my fresh tires and my race fuel. I will give you a full day to ride the bike and sort it out. Then, we will run laps and see who is faster. After all, according to your stupid ass mentality, you should be able to do the exact same thing since it is purely about money. I'll give you everything you need. You just bring your talent that apparently is the same as Josh Hayes since he of course gets everything free and you could do the exact same...

You coming on here and then bashing someone like me who tells others to not come on here and make it sound like they can do what Brandon or any of the guys in that race can do is totally funny.

You're an asshole, dude. You have been challenged to come out and ride the track. You have an avatar with you on the bike leaning into a turn so you can pretend you do this. How many track days have you even done? How many races? Oh, yeah... You COULD race and you'd INSTANTLY win because you have the talent. BUT, you don't because apparently, you don't have enough money.

Seriously? Talking out your ass again... Nice.

I also like how you slammed Brandon. You are saying he didn't run any impressive lap times. Saying he apparently needs to take race schools vs track days. Wow... You insult a guy that is trying hard and IS running impressive lap times. He made the God damn field!!! He made the race, fucktard!! That's impressive. I can promise you that you couldn't in the time it took him to do it. That's not a superior complex as you mention. I am saying that you cannot beat Brandon's times and you certainly wouldn't make a grid at an AMA event in the period of time it took him to go from expert to AMA grid.

Now, your retort ought to be stellar...

KTM-Brian hit the nail on the head when he said "This thread was and IS about Brandon...". Brandon started the post looking for attention and for the most part everyone was supportive. In light of the recent events and bashing he does in his own site about OR, does he really think he can start a thread and it is not gonna turn into a bunch of bullcrap? I have seen lots of negative posts about ohioriders.net by junkies including Brandon himself saying he is done with this forum, yet he keeps coming back. Did anyone read about Dishez and his porch parking job and everyone was trying to figure out what they did with his gun? Somebody says it's at ohioriders.net. Cute. It doesn't seem like OR go on the junkies forum and cry if something is said about OR but as soon as a junkie "thinks" something is said on here the tears start flowing. I wish Brandon the best and hope he continues racing.

By the way, just as a note, I never stated that Brandon was looking for attention... I was complimenting him on his accomplishments and supporting him and trying to prove a point that guys saying it was not against the "good" guys was false. I also was saying the fact is that he made the field and that was something not many on here could do... I also feel that this bullshit back and forth regarding AFJ and ORD is silly within this thread. Keep it in the other one. This is Brandon's race thread and that's what should be discussed.

By the way, just as a note, I never stated that Brandon was looking for attention... I was complimenting him on his accomplishments and supporting him and trying to prove a point that guys saying it was not against the "good" guys was false.
I'm not a guy that makes threads to drive attention, but we should be supportive of a local guy doing good

ijs

KTM-Brian I didn't say you said Brandon was looking for attention, those are my thoughts. Even though I think the guy has a couple of screws loose I am still supportive and hope he continues racing. I don't see him registered for any more races. Is he planning on another one this season?

ijs

I said I am not a guy that starts threads to drive attention. Driving attention to what he is doing isn't being an attention whore or starving for attention...

Guys start threads to promote things they are doing in terms of racing, what they are building, etc. I start threads once in a while of things I am doing because I am proud of the end result or sometimes I post threads that show new paint, etc. Those are driving attention to the bike and my projects.

I think there is nothing wrong with starting threads about what you are racing or what you are going to do. I just don't do that with my racing and stuff...

I probably made that come out wrong when I posted it, but by no means feel Brandon is starving for attention... He is looking for support and there's nothing wrong with that...

• Upvote 1

just get used to the fact...I'm not impressed by you brian.

and I don't care about brandon either. him and his boys have always acted like idiots around town on the streets. I've never kissed his ass and never will.

Hey, man... I can respect that. I don't really give a shit what you think about me, but to make shit up is really spineless... You've never met me and all you have done is been critical when I chime in about racing. I've done this for a long time. I may not be impressive to you and I certainly am not, but at the same time, when you degrade someone and what they have tried to do well at and have made a career around this industry, I take offense. Especially when you have no basis of your comments towards me.

But again, everyone has the right to have an opinion. Good, bad or in the middle. That's totally cool. Just don't make shit up, man... We are good otherwise.

And, I hope you don't think my comments are kissing Brandon's ass. I'm not. Just supporting a fellow racer. That's it.

KTM-Brian but he has started sooooo much shit here I feel like he is being an attention whore. He has made it very clear that he went pro this year, so everyone knows. Just let me know when his next race is and I'll start the thread ;)

Well technically no one is "going pro" as in being payed to ride. They just aquired enough club racing points to enter another racing orgs event where a few pros do ride in other classes.

Technically speaking, not very many guys get paid to race anymore... For example, when Cardenas won the 600 title a few years ago, he had paid for that ride... Only a VERY select group of riders actually get paid to race.

But, you still make money via contingency and class payouts, bonuses from the team you race for if you do well enough, etc. There is money involved and payouts and guys that are at the front will win that money.

If you get a tax form from racing, it can be argued that you are professional...

I lean towards what you are saying. My feelings are that if you ride out of a semi truck, do this as sole income or the only thing that you do and have no other job, you are a professional.

But in technical terms, anyone with an AMA hard card is considered a participant in professional racing...

It really boils down more so in the MX/SX ranks where there are levels or classes. Once they compete in a "pro paying event", they can no longer be considered amateur. Brandon for example, will not be allowed to race the AMA RRGC at Putnam this year like he did last season...

Well technically no one is "going pro" as in being payed to ride. They just aquired enough club racing points to enter another racing orgs event where a few pros do ride in other classes.
Well of course he isn't being paid to ride if that was the case he wouldn't be having a party at the afj shop and illegally selling food to make money. Yes, it is illegal to sell food without having a license. Just wanted to point that out since Brandon insinuated that the OR gun threads involve illegal activity and he will not have gun threads on his forum because he doesn't want to break the law!:stirpot:

im sure theres a pretty huge difference between running track days and racing at the pro level. more nerves, adrenaline, excitement, etc....i think telling him to quit after his first attempt is premature. show me one racer who got out on their first pro level race ever and took the gold (and even if you can somehow dig one up - this is not the norm by far)? it just doesnt happen. some great racers have bad weekends, some get better with time.....will he be a total failure? maybe. its too soon to tell.....but condemning him after his first race is just shitty imo

Okay, racing is hard, there have been plenty of rookies who have won major races.... I'm not doing it, you're absolutely right about that, maybe he'll get better, maybe he wont... I don't really care one way or the other.

to everyone blaming ped, he might have been stirring shit, but magley started all the drama in this thread implying that brandon isnt a good rider and should just quit

Actually i cited the results of the race that far, and the commented on how he was so much more experienced than the rest of the field, combine those 2 things and no, that doesn't look good for him.

Should we sugarcoat it?

i got no problems with you magley, but regardless of how you feel about him, putting him down on his first race at a pro level and wishing him to fail is just low

I don't wish for him to fail, Had he succeeded, I'd have posted the SAME results page and said something like "2nd fastest time! hell yes! go Brandon"

....what really irritated me enough about your posts to comment is the falseness of them.....if you posted up "fuck you prez, hope you fail" it would be more acceptable than "goodluck, i really hope you do well.....but you still fucking suck at riding" .....dont be two-faced, say what you mean and back it up, dont try and play a nice guy and veil all your insults to make it sound like you actually want him to do well

I have no personal issues with Brandon, i met him once a couple years ago, he's alright. I have no problem with any of the other junkies I met that day, none at all. Why do you and ped seem to think I have some personal beef with brandon? I HONESTLY hope he gets better results, but if not, he should accept REALITY.