Bought a new bike!!!!! Cool story!!!

cornbreadxd

So yesterday I woke up at 4:30am and worked from 5-9:30am then got a trailer from uhaul and drove from Cleveland to a suburb of Dayton, Springboro so the 4 1/2 hour drive was long for me. So when i get there I'm kinda lost and there are police cars patrolling all over...come to find out I picked the same day to get my bike that 2 guys chose to attempt a bank robbery around the corner from the sellers house! WTF! I could've been at that bank trying to get the title notarized and have been pissed.

After 9 hours I had the bike in my garage.

And I was thinking on the way there "man I bet they don't have any crime here"

Now onto the bike It's an 03' Suzuki SV1000 a large upgrade from the Ninja 500, It's a lot of Ppppower! (Pics shortly its cold and I'm hungry)

Edited by cornbreadxd

So yesterday I woke up at 4:30am and worked from 5-9:30am then got a trailer from uhaul and drove from Cleveland to a suburb of Dayton, Springboro so the 4 1/2 hour drive was long for me. So when i get there I'm kinda lost and there are police cars patrolling all over...come to find out I picked the same day to get my bike that 2 guys chose to attempt a bank robbery around the corner from the sellers house! WTF! I could've been at that bank trying to get the title notarized and have been pissed.

After 9 hours I had the bike in my garage.

And I was thinking on the way there "man I bet they don't have any crime here"

Now onto the bike It's an 03' Suzuki SV1000 a large upgrade from the Ninja 500, It's a lot of Ppppower! (Pics shortly its cold and I'm hungry)

congo... now you can come to the meet and ride in a new bike :D

Ya, they attempted to rob the 5/3 bank across from DLM and failed hard core. There was police there from 8 jurisdictions :lol: long story short as the manager was opening up the building 2 guys put her at gun point, she opened the doors, hit the alarm and escaped. There was a long stand off, the guys ended up giving up cuz the police said finally threatened to shoot them. End of story long day, no money and probably a long sentence...

Anywho grats on the new bike, enjoy :)

I had an '03 SV1KN...great bike...and all my Duc friends riding 916/96/98's kept scratching their heads that I could run with them...HP/Ft-Lbs and power delivery of the SV were almost identical to the Italians.

Hate to be a story topper buttt....

I was riding through the area when it happened. Got a pic of my bike with the bank in the background while it was being robbed...

3ff12797.jpg

That's a cop car next to the blue sign. And an armored vehicle to the right of the sign with the gas prices. The cops made me move because we were in the line of fire. I stood with the newscasters for about an hour bs'ing with them.

Edited by abdecal

Yeah, the whole response was waaaayyy overkill. I was leaving the YMCA (sort of across the street from this 5/3) as the response was pouring in. All the nearby Sheriffs cars were already there, Franklin PD came flying up 73 from one direction, and Waynesville (really? Waynesville??) from the other direction.

The bank manager was a guy, and boogied out the back door when the suspects (can we stop calling them "suspects" as its pretty clear that they were the ones IN the bank?) "got distracted by the sirens outside", so it was just the two "suspects" alone inside the building. Not much leverage there. Trashed it, started a small fire, gave up.

And the "official spokesman" for the incident wasn't even a Springboro cop.

Needless to say, this is a pretty low-crime area overall. The suspects are from Indiana.

Really a bad choice in which bank to hold-up. Bank is surrounded by large open areas, and they parked the getaway car some distance away, in a neighborhood.

Yeah, the whole response was waaaayyy overkill. I was leaving the YMCA (sort of across the street from this 5/3) as the response was pouring in. All the nearby Sheriffs cars were already there, Franklin PD came flying up 73 from one direction, and Waynesville (really? Waynesville??) from the other direction.

The bank manager was a guy, and boogied out the back door when the suspects (can we stop calling them "suspects" as its pretty clear that they were the ones IN the bank?) "got distracted by the sirens outside", so it was just the two "suspects" alone inside the building. Not much leverage there. Trashed it, started a small fire, gave up.

And the "official spokesman" for the incident wasn't even a Springboro cop.

Needless to say, this is a pretty low-crime area overall. The suspects are from Indiana.

Really a bad choice in which bank to hold-up. Bank is surrounded by large open areas, and they parked the getaway car some distance away, in a neighborhood.

Poorly planned bank robbery, that's for sure.