Operation Micky mouse

gen3flygirl

Him and his furry little bastard friends need to have a swift death. While moving all of my stuff over to the new house I am finding a ton of mouse poop in the kitchen. I am in the process of vacuuming and bleaching the shit out of everything but I need to get rid of the problem. What is the best way to do so? Poison? Anti freeze in a 5 gallon bucket?

A trap I've heard about zaps em and it's home made, not sure exactly but here's what I can remember about it

Take a conductive metal plate (a saw blade was what I was told)

Connect the ground to it

Set up a nail in the middle with PB on the top and connect the positive to it at the base

When the mouse eats the PB it bridges the connection :D

They sell black crushing traps at the store, I have used them. They work great no mess. YOU set it the mouse walks in to get the treat (pre installed) and the plastic snaps shut crushing him. No chance for escape. Only set back is they are single use.

Don't buy dollar store glue traps and its all good. They are all I use and I live in the country where the mice are robust corn fed redneck mice. If they ain't getting out your city folk mice ain't. And glue traps allow for alive mice to tourment after capture.

For house mouse, the live traps work, and you can just toss them outside.

For the bigger deer mouse (country mouse), must use snap trap or better.

Poisons under the house or otherwise, where other animals can't get to it.

Seal up the obvious places they are getting in.

I put out both the live and the snap, and they choose their own fate.

(The funny snap trap with the square yellow plastic cheese looking thing actually work well.)

I get about 4 of each, and it's done in a few days. Reset them as needed.

Most all are set in the kitchen unless they are seen elsewhere.

Peanut butter and bird seed on traps. (Mice love grain.)

Sometimes I wrap thread around it, so they can pull on it.

Small mice will just sit on the booby trap and not set it off. (Use the live trap.)

For live trap, put it on a piece of cracker and slide it to the back.

One trick is to put snap traps near corners, or to put them about 6-8 inches apart.

Mouse will jump over the first one and land on the second one.

Or get a cat. A mean cat. Don't feed it.

note: Rats are more difficult. Big rat trap and use bacon for bait. (With the thread trick, tie it on.) Then try to keep the raccoons out of it. Rats and bigger animals are pretty smart. It's best to leave the trap outside for a while, where it can weather and get rid of human scents. Pine needles help mask the human scent.

edit: There are lots of live traps. I better show the cheap one that I know works. Get them at the hardware:

House mouse walks to the back, and the door falls shut. Deer mice are too big to fit.

Victor M007 Live Mouse Trap

67023.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

The 5 gallon bucket also works. Used for mass quantities of mice. Fill with water and float the bait on the water. They are stupid and will drown. But it's not as fast.

Shop vac, infrared sensor, 1 gallon glass jar, 5 feet of PVC, PVC TEE, and a 10 second relay hooked to the sensor. Mouse sticks head inside, activates sensor, turns on shop vac, gets sucked up and hits the screen in the TEE, timer goes off, mouse falls into gallon jar :)

-VanDy

Shop vac, infrared sensor, 1 gallon glass jar, 5 feet of PVC, PVC TEE, and a 10 second relay hooked to the sensor. Mouse sticks head inside, activates sensor, turns on shop vac, gets sucked up and hits the screen in the TEE, timer goes off, mouse falls into gallon jar :)

-VanDy

You want to come rig that up for me:)

Thanks everyone else I am making a trip to lowes today. I will probably end up doing a mixture of poison and traps. My roommate I inhareted for the next month is delusional about poison being able toget into her system and killer her. This will be fun.....

How do you keep acquiring random roommates? :dunno:

Well my sister moved out of this house and I moved in so they can do electrical work on the house I was in. I like this one better because now I have my own bath room and a much nicer room all together. The girl my sister was roommates with is staying until she graduates in June. So once again ...... Random roommate.

I put out like 8 poison bait stations about 2 yrs ago and have seen any since. Plus ive never smelled anything either. I too have the farm raised super field mice, we used to have them bad.

I haz a pellet gun you can borrow and a bunch of pellets.

I would say round up a stray kitteh - should be easy enough to find in your area.

That open bag of cat food in garage/basement? Yeah, do something about that. Steel trash can w/lid would work, or 5 gallon plastic bucket w/lid from Lowe's Depot.

I haz a pellet gun you can borrow and a bunch of pellets.

I would say round up a stray kitteh - should be easy enough to find in your area.

That open bag of cat food in garage/basement? Yeah, do something about that. Steel trash can w/lid would work, or 5 gallon plastic bucket w/lid from Lowe's Depot.

Way ahead of you on the car food part. If I can find a friendly enough one that still has is claws I might adopt it until the problem is solved.

That's three votes for pellet gun now :D

:lol: what do you think this is a democracy? This is America you can have the illusion of a vote but I'm still goin to do what ever I want :D besides I'm not that good of a shot and I don't want to have to redo the floors.