new less restrictive laws passed

Exarch

Yes and the Navy seals are the only cool branch in the navy, oh wait the seals are trained by the army :lol: dont believe me? Do some research.

All SOCOM operators from all branches share some schools. Army Airborne, Navy egress.... All have ones for each branch that mirror one another. Combat Diver, Survival, SERE, Medic....

I would like to see the CHL process change to incorporate psychological evaluation and resilience to ensure those carrying truly possess the ability to make a split-second decision that will save a life, but take one as well.

We don't know each other so don't take this wrong.

You can take this stupid fucking idea and shove it up your ass.

If you need the government to hold your hand to make decisions go for it but free people should do all they can to keep the government from regulating a constitutional right.

Preaching this looney lefty bullshit won't endear you to free thinking people.

• Upvote 2

We don't know each other so don't take this wrong.

You can take this stupid fucking idea and shove it up your ass.

If you need the government to hold your hand to make decisions go for it but free people should do all they can to keep the government from regulating a constitutional right.

Preaching this looney lefty bullshit won't endear you to free thinking people.

I don't like big government anymore than you do. Your constitutional right allows you to carry a weapon in an open manner. The ability to conceal that weapon is what requires permission.

I would like to see people really trained before they are allowed to carry concealed. Else wise anyone 21 years or older who can pull a trigger and sit in one place for 12 hours can get a license. None of the class requirements really test the shooter physically or mentally. There is no point to carrying a weapon if you are not prepared and willing to use it.

Take Zimmerman for example. Although he was justified in defending himself, the right answer in that situation was to break contact and let the police handle it. (Not trying to start the Zimmerman battle here, please don't respond to this if it is only to this and not the original topic) Some simple situational drills could cover that.

Edited by BDBGoalie

I don't like big government anymore than you do. Your constitutional right allows you to carry a weapon in an open manner. The ability to conceal that weapon is what requires permission.

I would like to see people really trained before they are allowed to carry concealed. Else wise anyone 21 years or older who can pull a trigger and sit in one place for 12 hours can get a license. None of the class requirements really test the shooter physically or mentally. There is no point to carrying a weapon if you are not prepared and willing to use it.

Take Zimmerman for example. Although he was justified in defending himself, the right answer in that situation was to break contact and let the police handle it. (Not trying to start the Zimmerman battle here, please don't respond to this if it is only to this and not the original topic) Some simple situational drills could cover that.

I'm on your side, but in Florida they do not require you to retreat... I think its bullshit, but it is what it is.

I'm on your side, but in Florida they do not require you to retreat... I think its bullshit, but it is what it is.

It is a situational thing. If you are in a situation that you can get out of safely, there is no need to take another person's life. If the situation does not allow you or the endangered person to escape, then deadly force is justified.

Pretty cut and dry IMO. You leave or you kill them. The stand your ground law gives room for people to just stay there for whatever reason instead of retreating when they could have and ending the situation peacefully. Assuming a SAFE exit strategy exists.

I was more meaning Zimmerman was unnecessarily following Trevyon prior to the incident.

Edited by BDBGoalie

How about if they require a note from your mom? The sad fact is that anyone can carry a gun concealed and you don't even need a CCW. Just don't get caught. Criminals do it all the time. :rolleyes:

I carried a knife all the time since 7th grade and managed to never pull it out, stab myself or anyone else.;)

How about if they require a note from your mom? The sad fact is that anyone can carry a gun concealed and you don't even need a CCW. Just don't get caught. Criminals do it all the time. :rolleyes:

I carried a knife all the time since 7th grade and managed to never pull it out, stab myself or anyone else.;)

Yup, and it is shitty. All these laws do is just prevent people who are trying to follow them from being able to defend themselves.

I'm not saying that less people should carry, I'm just saying that those that do need to be trained for the situations they will encounter. Both the physical and mental side. Because the current training is a joke in that aspect.

But having people empowered by having a weapon and yet not knowing how to: use it, clear a malfunction, fire from cover, identify targets, maintain control of their weapon, know when to break contact....., is not really any better.

If you are going to require training, train people for the situations. A CCW is not a piece of jewelry or something you just get to have. If you can't carry responsibly, properly identify situations, retreat when appropriate, and kill people when needed, you don't need to carry a weapon.

Edited by BDBGoalie

I call bullshit, you have never stabbed yourself with your knife and you've carried one since 7th grade? That doesn't add up... I work with knives every single day, I've been working with them for 9 years now and I have cut myself more times than I can count. Hell, every EVERY single person I know that works with knives on a regular basis cuts themselves once in a while.

You sir are full of shit, unless you never unsheathed your knife and don't know how to use it.

Several states do not require "permission" to conceal carry as it should be everywhere. Chaos does not take place in these states.

Self-defense is a human right and never should have been regulated in the first place. Being competent is not the government’s responsibility. They can punish you if you cause harm as necessary. I can send this into all kinds of different levels of competency debate that would take this into many tangents so how about a motorcycle one.

I say no one should be able to ride a motorcycle on the street until they have earned their expert road racing license. There is no way anyone can know how to handle a motorcycle on the road unless they have reached this level of training. Sorry cruiser, scooter, touring riders you can never reach the level of competent motorcycle riding.

I know this is a poor example because riding isn't a protected right but the slippery slope follows the same path.

• Upvote 1

I say no one should be able to ride a motorcycle on the street until they have earned their expert road racing license. There is no way anyone can know how to handle a motorcycle on the road unless they have reached this level of training. Sorry cruiser, scooter, touring riders you can never reach the level of competent motorcycle riding.

You just made the same point I've been making. (In a different context) If you cannot prove you are trained and can handle the variety of situations you may encounter, you shouldn't be engaging in the activity.

You are also right in that carry laws vary state to state.

Yup, and it is shitty. All these laws do is just prevent people who are trying to follow them from being able to defend themselves.

I'm not saying that less people should carry, I'm just saying that those that do need to be trained for the situations they will encounter. Both the physical and mental side. Because the current training is a joke in that aspect.

How about Walt Disneyworld provide that training, because what you want is for sure a fantasy? Who will ensure that those providing training are certified/qualified, how much is this training gonna cost, where is it going to take place, will there be a psychiatric evaluation, will there be a urine test? I kind of thought like you at one point, but realized that it just didnt make sense. Idiots on the road are much more dangerous than any single thing I can think of, gun toting folks doesnt bother me so much anymore. And we are already taxed and over-governed as it is, enough is enough already.

I call bullshit, you have never stabbed yourself with your knife and you've carried one since 7th grade? That doesn't add up... I work with knives every single day, I've been working with them for 9 years now and I have cut myself more times than I can count. Hell, every EVERY single person I know that works with knives on a regular basis cuts themselves once in a while.

You sir are full of shit, unless you never unsheathed your knife and don't know how to use it.

No it's true, I'm just not a careless fuck like you. :p

The knife in my pocket has never cut or stabbed me (it's true). That's not to say I have never cut myself with a knife, just not the one in my pocket. Now please had over your knife till you have taken my "I won't pull my pocket knife out and stab myself class". Costs $75, lasts 8 hours and provides information from how knives are made and what end to hold so you can proficiently use it when a hair splitting emergency arrises. :lol:

• Upvote 2

You just made the same point I've been making. (In a different context) If you cannot prove you are trained and can handle the variety of situations you may encounter, you shouldn't be engaging in the activity.

You are also right in that carry laws vary state to state.

For the record I think it would be retarded to make a licensing system like mentioned above and thought it sounded so ridiculous that no sane person would take it seriously.

I think our schooling & testing system for CHL is unnecessary, intrusive, ineffective and should be done away with. I think one is foolish to not be informed of the current laws but being stupid shouldn't be regulated.

Your desire to regulate our rights even more than they are now is unfounded based on evidence of other states having no licensing system. Why would you suggest such a thing when it is clear that it isn't needed?

• Upvote 1

*sigh* pokey, too easy to point out the civilians... They have never seen how safety is enforced and how safety training works... Too bad enlistment isn't mandatory, your just a shitbag with a gun who wouldn't know what to do when shtf...

People NEED real training, not some bullshit heres a gun do what you please theory that you and so many others believe how things should work.

I'm pretty sure 80% of the people here can outshoot me with a pistol and I'm sure 2% of the people here can out shoot me with a rifle... But, lets go to grenades since obviously no on here gives a shit about gun safety...

Who here knows how to use a grenade? I'm sure everyone right? :rolleyes: now who here knows how to properly use a grenade? Any takers? Now who here knows what to do if you fail to throw your grenade an appropriate distance?

whats my point? There is none, thats my point... why? I don't know, it's 1:25am and it sounded goos at the time :lol:

But seriously, everyone should know about safety, it seems like it's a huge secret around here.

The knife in my pocket has never cut or stabbed me (it's true). That's not to say I have never cut myself with a knife, just not the one in my pocket. Now please had over your knife till you have taken my "I won't pull my pocket knife out and stab myself class". Costs $75, lasts 8 hours and provides information from how knives are made and what end to hold so you can proficiently use it when a hair splitting emergency arrises. :lol:

Lol. Stitches are cool and chicks dig scars.

I understand the point, but its apples to oranges. You really have to get up close to kill with a knife, and their purchase is not regulated (Save autos and such). Unless I slice in just the right angle on a vein/artery, you will likely survive. Not the case with a firearm. (Save the shooter that hits their assailant in the foot.)

But seriously, everyone should know about safety, it seems like it's a huge secret around here.

I agree most should know about safety. But most aren't trained in assessing and responding to a threat.

Your desire to regulate our rights even more than they are now is unfounded based on evidence of other states having no licensing system. Why would you suggest such a thing when it is clear that it isn't needed?

If our state had no regulations in place, then so be it. I still would like to see CHL holders be trained in how to react to situations, but it would be a personal choice at that point. Else wise they will never know until the situation is upon them and then they are forced to make a decision they are not mentally prepared for, and have to react physically in a manner they have never reacted before.

Since there is training required, I would like it to actually matter, and not just be a class you go to and learn laws and how to pull a trigger.

Edited by BDBGoalie

you got a lil pocket knife? Pft, that thing couldn't cut you if you tried :lol: I thought you meant a real knife, you know razor sharp ones, like they are meant to be :) 1 slip with a real knife and your going to cut yourself... keep your toy to yourself :)

Amazing. Aren't you the guy who came on here saying he had no time for MSF and not to worry because you're a big boy so your little fall was no big deal? Now safety is everything?:wtf:

You really are a master baiter. You bait hooks so fast you forget the other lines you left in the water. :rolleyes:

Let's end this all right here. Guns are dangerous, people with common sense are few and far between. The guns and idiots seem to end up together way too often. If we can't outlaw idiots then there is no chance we will ever be able to keep idiots from getting guns. Because idiots have great disguises and look just like you and me.;)

you got a lil pocket knife? Pft, that thing couldn't cut you if you tried :lol: I thought you meant a real knife, you know razor sharp ones, like they are meant to be :) 1 slip with a real knife and your going to cut yourself... keep your toy to yourself :)

Hey, you opened you pie hole before you knew all the facts.:rolleyes: I have a blue belt in Kum Do too but I have yet to cut myself with a sword either. :)

Let's end this all right here. Guns are dangerous, people with common sense are few and far between. The guns and idiots seem to end up together way too often. If we can't outlaw idiots then there is no chance we will ever be able to keep idiots from getting guns. Because idiots have great disguises and look just like you and me.;)

Agreed. ;) Just be prepared to shoot the idiot when they wander aggressively into your lane.