1199 Panigale S Test ride @ Ducati Indy

vw151

Amazing bike!!! So easy to ride, So light, and so deceptive. It wasn't scary and didn't even feel scary fast.... until you look down at the speedo and realize, holy shit this thing is fast.

The S model has electronically adjustable ohlins suspension DTS (ducati traction control) and a color LCD dash, that tells you all kinds of cool stuff. It's a lot like the new multistrada except in a superbike with 195hp.

Anyway, here are some pictures and I'll have a video up in a bit as well.

1199panigale.jpg

1199panigale_2.jpg

1199panigale_4.jpg

1199panigale_5.jpg

1199panigale_6.jpg

1199panigale_7.jpg

1199panigale_8.jpg

1199panigale_9.jpg

1199panigale_10.jpg

1199panigale_20.jpg

1199panigale_23.jpg

1199panigale_28.jpg

1199panigale_34.jpg

1199panigale_37.jpg

1199panigale_38.jpg

1199panigale_39.jpg

Maybe it's just the photo, but that IC looks very hard to read in the sun... I dunno if I like that.

Problems I have with the rest of the bike:

Its not hard to read and on fact it's the nicest instrument cluster ive ever seen.

I can't wait for my dads to come in.. Gonna track that SOB!!!!

Definitely where it belongs. I'm gonna have to save my pennies. I think I'm gonna have to have one of these.

Buddy of mine wants to do a shootout between that and my BMW S1000RR, next month. If we can get the details worked out you guys will be the first to know. Should be fun as hell!

What kind of shoot out, highway, back roads, track, drag strip or some combination? I would love to ride along and be a back marker witness to the events. I am a big fan of both bikes and think it would be cool to see them put through their paces.

I never heard of any dealer letting people ride a superbike. Every bike I have bought I never road till the deal was finalized. When i bought the 1098s I hated it. I really did. It took about 500 miles to understand what I just did.Now I hart it and can't imagine life without it.

But that panigale is so sexy I would sell body parts for it.

What kind of shoot out, highway, back roads, track, drag strip or some combination? I would love to ride along and be a back marker witness to the events. I am a big fan of both bikes and think it would be cool to see them put through their paces.

Not sure yet. It really depends on how long he will have the bike available. If he has it all summer like he did last year with the Triumph, probably all of that, but if its limited time we will have to see what we can work out. Will be fun for sure! :D

I never heard of any dealer letting people ride a superbike. Every bike I have bought I never road till the deal was finalized. When i bought the 1098s I hated it. I really did. It took about 500 miles to understand what I just did.Now I hart it and can't imagine life without it.

But that panigale is so sexy I would sell body parts for it.

Different dealers operate in different ways I guess. I'd hate to buy a bike I've never rode. Ducati Indy has a demo bike, I don't think they are just letting any one who roles in off the street ride it but if you are seriously conisidering buying one I'm sure they'll let you have a quick ride on it.

Northern Ohio Ducati/Triumph has a demo model sitting in their showroom.

I sat on it the last time I was up there (freakin' sweet BTW), but I couldn't quite work up the nerve to ask for a ride. Maybe when I pick up the 916...

I'm expecting a base w/ ABS sometime next week (hopefully) from Commonwealth in Louisville. I'm sure it will be the best bike I have ever owned. Not sure it will be the best bike ever or for everyone.

Chris

• 1 month later...

That is a gorgeous bike! And as a side note, Ducati Indy's customer service out weighs any other dealer I have ever been too! They helped me over the phone troubleshoot, ship stuff straight to my house, and treated me like family the second I walked in their door even though I only spent like $5 in collets when I was done. They are always my first call for anything Ducati! I can't say enough good about them!!

-VanDy