NIGHT RIDE Tonight (5/27/12)

Pfloydgad

Actual meet time: 3:30am, Monday (5/28/12)

Meet location: Youngs Jersey Dairy on 68, just N of Yellow Springs

Kickstands Up at: 3:30 to 4

Destination: Somewhere for an early breakfast around 6am.

Roads: State highways, possibly slab, but possibly NO.

Return home by 9am or so.

Expected temps: mid 60's, limited traffic, clear skys.

Add here If you are up for the challange.

Hope to see you there.

Ride safe all,

Greg

• Upvote 1

Cool (literally!) idea. Unfortunately, SW OH is a big place and I'd be riding some serious mileage just to get to the meet-up in the pitch black during the hours all them purty deer are out looking for vehicles to destroy. If I was a little more local to the start, I'd be in. Hope you find some riders to join you for breakfast. Be safe!

I would if i trusted my bike enough to ride for a few hours. I havent got much seat time on this after putting it back togather and the furthest i rode was from urbana to marysville and back with a stop at my parents in the middle. which direction you headed, towards urbana or dayton?

OK.......here is a good route.

From YJD, go S to 35. It is still dark, so we will take 35, 4 lane, lots of visibility to Washington Crt. Hs and Bob Evans for breakfast. Sun comes up around 6:45, so there will be plenty of light for the ride home.

From there it could be 54 or 56 or a multitude of roads fro your personal run home.

Another route, but more on the back road during the dark times is Sidney and 29 out of Urbana. Not as good when you consider it is only 2 lane, but the road is in very good shape.

There are plenty of possibilities, your ideas are also welcome, remember the darkness for the first half of the ride.

Ride safe all,

Greg

A wonderful ride this morning, a little humid, even at 4am, but the roads were clear and traffic was almost nil.

Thanks for coming along Lee and Jeff, now you know what a Night Ride is all about.

Our route was pretty simple: From Youngs we went S into Xenia and 35 E.

Cont. on 35 to Chilicothe and Tim Hortons for breakfast around 5:30.

Got back on the road a few minutes before Sunrise on 104 N. A few minutes out we had the new days Sun on our right just breaking the horizon. We took 104 to 56 and headed W to London, where Jeff split off to head home, whiule Lee and I headed for 40. He split off for home and I cont. to Rt.4 and home. I got in 168 miles, good roads, good friends, good times. What a nice start to a day.

Ride safe all,

Greg