Motorcycle tool kit?

NinjaDoc

Take the bike and tear it down, then remove the tires, then replace the pugs, pull all the fuses and all the bulbs. NOW put it all back together, make a list of all the tools you used and all the materials you had to replace during this. That's what you need to get at harbor freight and make fit under your seat. :)

Tools are no good if you don't know how to use them on your bike.

a actual useful answer would be to get a tool wrap. it can carry a wide array of tools. sockets, wrenchs, screw drivers, hex sockets, etc.

thx myhondas, alzheimer suggested this, might end up buying that http://www.ebay.com/itm/44pc-Motorcycle-Biker-Tool-Kit-SAE-Metric-Zippered-Storage-Pouch-Pliers-Wrench-/221004153772?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3374dfc3ac&vxp=mtr#ht_4210wt_1393 no idea about quality

Whatever you need to get to the battery, a length of wire, electrical tape, small side-cuts, LED head-light, flat kit (the kind with the T-handled tools), pressure gauge, small battery operated air pump (like the Slime one).

All this fits in a bag inside my tail section (RC51)

Whatever you need to get to the battery, a length of wire, electrical tape, small side-cuts, LED head-light, flat kit (the kind with the T-handled tools), pressure gauge, small battery operated air pump (like the Slime one).

All this fits in a bag inside my tail section (RC51)

Don't forget replacement fuses. ;)

Definately fuses, I had a problem with the Kaw blowing fuses and ran out because I forgot tho restock, as mentioned in another thread I had to resort to a beer can tab in place of a blade type fuse. The plus side to the gerry rig fuse was that I found the true problem, lol.

I have replaced the factory kit screwdrivers with better ones like Kobalt or the like and carry the factory kit.

Edited by bandit12

honda kit i had didnt have anything much in it, So i went ahead and got this, will add some fuses in there as well, Thx for the input guys

luke i already got the slime compressor and flat kit as well. Now have to learn to use the kit lol :trollface:

$(KGrHqV,!p8E9lb5Q31LBPo0CHHm2w~~60_12.JPG

good call! Thats similar to the one I have. Had it on the vfr for almost 2 seasons now and keep it in my tailbag. I haven't needed once for my own bike but countless times on rides its come in handy for other riders...mainly a freakin Harley :lol:

good call! Thats similar to the one I have. Had it on the vfr for almost 2 seasons now and keep it in my tailbag. I haven't needed once for my own bike but countless times on rides its come in handy for other riders...mainly a freakin Harley :lol:

:lol:bad u were mentioning about carrying a spare Rr or something if i am paranoid?

luke i already got the slime compressor and flat kit as well. Now have to learn to use the kit lol :trollface:

$(KGrHqV,!p8E9lb5Q31LBPo0CHHm2w~~60_12.JPG

Mechanic friend told me early on, any time you do maintance try to do it out of the tools on the bike. Simple reason is it will teach you what you do and don't need and also you'll learn the limitations of the tools you carry.;)

Also think about getting some assorted bolts and nuts in sizes that your bike uses. Saved my butt a week ago when the rear break lost a bolt. I happened to have a bolt and nut that fit and was able to ride the rest of the day on it.

Nice toolkit - be a good idea for my ride, but have to relocate some elec components under there to expand my storage :D I dont have any tail/tank bags, but I would love an onboard compressor too for those country road flat tires like I had Memorial Day :mad:

I would love an onboard compressor too for those country road flat tires like I had Memorial Day :mad:

Bikeaircompressor.jpg

This is the way to save space on a compressor. Strip the plastic off and rewire it so it's on when you plug it in.

If you don't have a aux plug but use a trickle charger this is the ticket. Used to find them at walmart for $3. It can attach right to the pig tail on your trickle charger cord attached to the battery.

Auxpower.jpg

Edited by buildit

Bikeaircompressor.jpg

This is the way to save space on a compressor. Strip the plastic off and rewire it so it's on when you plug it in.

If you don't have a aux plug but use a trickle charger this is the ticket. Used to find them at walmart for $3. It can attach right to the pig tail on your trickle charger cord attached to the battery.

Auxpower.jpg

Thanx man, seen the stripped compressor units on another forum and looked like quite the space saver. Wired our bikes for Tenders too, so looks like a good idea to mod in. Want a new Connie someday so if I dont manage it on my ZX, it will surely go on the tourer

Looking forward to buy a motorcycle tool kit, ideal balance of quality, price and easy to carry on rides.. Any input is appreciated.

Put one together, much better than a pre-built kit and more tuned to your bike's needs than something generic.

I have very little room for a tool kit under the seat. Just a small one.

Hondas are sold without the tools in the tool kit now days. My 2002 had a full kit, and the 2007 had almost nothing. The missing tools are on the parts list, and can be purchased. This is reasonable for the tiny rear axle wrench that is missing. Otherwise, a variety of tools from other sources can be added. And yes, a harbor freight tool wrap or similar.

Things you have to add: Fuses, spare headlight bulb, zip ties, a little duck tape.

Tire kit to patch tire if really worried about it.

Oh, and mini channel locks and mini vise grips are nice.

You don't need a hammer, just find a big rock.

You ride a Honda. You don't need no stinkin' tool kit. That being said, I carry ball end hex keys, phillips & standard screwdrivers, 8, 10, & 12 mm combination wrenches, needle nose pliers, needle nose vise-grips & a tire plug kit + tie-wraps, bungee cords, & duct tape. Don't forget the first aid kit Doc.

I was thanking of getting this for my bikehttphttp http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tusk-Tire-Repair-Kit-Motorcycle-ATV-UTV-CO2-Fill-/270888854309?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f123be325&vxp=mtr have any used

Edited by marlboro man