Whoever is racing up/down Charter St...

SWing'R

Guess what. Heard a big car back there a few minutes ago.

Jumped in the old Hyundai, guess what I saw.

Vintage car (camaro??), historical plates (yeah I got them) loaded up on a trailer.

Guy took off when he saw me circle around in the lot that he was parked in.

2012-06-06_947pm.jpg

Edited by SWing'R
added pic

Just so you guys know how close by this location is to our houses' date=' here is a google earth image...

[img']http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w139/davidjrosso/misc/CharterStreet.jpg

That's what a good 1/2 mile or so away from the closest house? It looks like a good spot to have fun to be honest, just a parking lot and some sort of building(hangar, factory?) off the main roads, not a good spot for a cop to hang out.

I'd rather have people act stupid on a road like that instead of on a main/busy/neighborhood road, I guess that's just me though :dunno: I live near a few roads that are good to speed on for a short blast(although the one time in 12 years of traveling this road I got pulled ove for racing(1st race on that road too) going 85, damn that mustang and his shitty cornering ability, he shoulda beat me, even with his shitty automatic v6)

Just ignore em and the car too, they are just having some fun.

Guess what. Heard a big car back there a few minutes ago.

Jumped in the old Hyundai' date=' guess what I saw.

Vintage car (camaro??), historical plates (yeah I got them) loaded up on a trailer.

Guy took off when he saw me circle around in the lot that he was parked in.

[img']http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w139/davidjrosso/misc/2012-06-06_947pm.jpg

Wouldn't hold a foot in court, no actual proof. Doubt they would pull some CSI shit just to match the car to the markings. Let it be man, you're getting worked up over spilled milk.

That's what a good 1/2 mile or so away from the closest house?

Are you fucking kidding me? And do you tell your girlfriend your cock is 10 inches too?

Dude, that street is 200yrds from the edge of the neighborhood and the closest house, your fucking nuts.

Wouldn't hold a foot in court, no actual proof. Doubt they would pull some CSI shit

just to match the car to the markings. Let it be man, you're getting worked up over spilled milk.

I never said the pic/video I got tonight was worth anything in court, I know it's not cause you can't see

the plate number nor did I get him in the act, only in the area.

And don't fucking tell me to let it be, you're an asshole. Let me come do this shit in your backyard and

see how long you put up with it. Fucking ass.

Edited by SWing'R
  • Upvote 1

You just don't get it do you?? The man paid money for his house, the last thing he wants to hear late at night are some idiots drag racing (illegal activity) while he is enjoying his relaxing time at home. There are plenty of places that these folks can take their cars and bikes and run them legally. It bothers not only him but apparently the whole neighborhood. It's about respect.

• Upvote 3

You just don't get it do you?? The man paid money for his house, the last thing he wants to hear late at night are some idiots drag racing (illegal activity) while he is enjoying his relaxing time at home. There are plenty of places that these folks can take their cars and bikes and run them legally. It bothers not only him but apparently the whole neighborhood. It's about respect.

Bravo. +rep for you.

Are you fucking kidding me? And do you tell your girlfriend your cock is 10 inches too?

Dude' date=' that street is 200yrds from the edge of the neighborhood and the closest house, your fucking nuts.

I never said the pic/video I got tonight was worth anything in court, I know it's not cause you can't see

And don't fucking tell me to let it be, you're an asshole. Let me come do this shit in your backyard and

see how long you put up with it. Ass.[/quote']

Looks further via satellite. People do it all the time, but I live near the main roads, I enjoy the roar of a nice engine :dunno: I just don't like when all the teens bang their system infront of my house, sure I got a system too, but that is for highway travel and backroads.

If someone was annoying you on purpose I could see getting mad(i.e. system turned up infront of your house, nope kid, I still don't think your cool and mines louder)

But meh, someone is gunna jack your shit if they know what ya got :lol: that's enjoyment enough for me :D

I get he is annoyed, but speeding(even 1mph is illegal, which im sure he does...) Is illegal, why get bothered when someone else does something illegal? It's not like it's hurting him, if he is that mad just sprinkle some sand/pebbles on the road, problem solved(atleast for the bikes)

I was j/k don't do that...

I get he is annoyed, but speeding(even 1mph is illegal, which im sure he does...) Is illegal, why get bothered when someone else does something illegal? It's not like it's hurting him, if he is that mad just sprinkle some sand/pebbles on the road, problem solved(atleast for the bikes)

I was j/k don't do that...

You really just don't get it do you. It does hurt us (the neighbors), it hurts our quality of life.

It disrupts our lives at inappropriate and inconsistent times. :nono:

Edited by SWing'R
  • Upvote 1

:trollface:

That's pretty phucking ballsy to actually unload and load a race car back there though.

Did you see the tires on that car, pretty sure it's not even street legal.

Charter Street and Westbelt were cool back in the day when you could sit out in a chair or a tailgate of a truck and watch racing all night. Even though I would like to see it again I have to agree with Swing'R. People in that area did not move into area to listen to cars and bikes race all night long. There are plenty of drag strips and other industrial areas that people can race without disturbing those in need of rest. Like I said I would love to spend an all nighter out at westbelt or charter street watching trailered cars and bikes street racing. However not at the expense of the neighboring houses and their owners.

• Upvote 1

I couldn't tell exactly what is on the sides of the "drag strip" from the photo other than some bushes or small trees? Are those storage units on the left? Anyway, take it to a real drag strip to race. Wouldn't that be safer? What if the cops are coming and a bunch of cars or bikes are taking off and hit someone? Really to pay a fee to run on a drag strip is less than a lawsuit and possible jail time. Plus SWing'r needs his beauty rest ;) jk Swing'r

• Upvote 1

Oh good then let me know where you live so I can come melt the tires off of my hot rod at midnight while you, your wife and your kids are asleep. Since you think it's perfectly ok and all :)

Probably wouldn't be the best idea, we have private security where I live and I just happen to work for the same company that does security here(no, I'm not a guard here unfortunately, conflict of interest BS) not to mention the cops that patrol the neighborhood aswell, good ol riverside popos :D

Also you might want to come around 3/4am, that's usually when I go to bed. I sleep like a rock though, you could prob wreck your car through my front though and I wouldn't wake up :lol:

I suppose people complain when it thunders too or when cops/emergency vehicles drive by aswell...

Probably wouldn't be the best idea, we have private security where I live and I just happen to work for the same company that does security here(no, I'm not a guard here unfortunately, conflict of interest BS) not to mention the cops that patrol the neighborhood aswell, good ol riverside popos :D

Also you might want to come around 3/4am, that's usually when I go to bed. I sleep like a rock though, you could prob wreck your car through my front though and I wouldn't wake up :lol:

I suppose people complain when it thunders too or when cops/emergency vehicles drive by aswell...

I'm guessing you have no respect for the safety of your own children then? If one were to run out in the street and got hit by some random fucktard racing and being careless ?

Are your kids sound sleepers as well? Or you too occupied on here and don't pay attention to them?

• Downvote 1

Charter Street and Westbelt were cool back in the day when you could sit out in a chair or a tailgate of a truck and watch racing all night. Even though I would like to see it again I have to agree with Swing'R. People in that area did not move into area to listen to cars and bikes race all night long. There are plenty of drag strips and other industrial areas that people can race without disturbing those in need of rest. Like I said I would love to spend an all nighter out at westbelt or charter street watching trailered cars and bikes street racing. However not at the expense of the neighboring houses and their owners.

+ rep for you sir!

I couldn't tell exactly what is on the sides of the "drag strip" from the photo other than some bushes or small trees? Are those storage units on the left? Anyway, take it to a real drag strip to race. Wouldn't that be safer? What if the cops are coming and a bunch of cars or bikes are taking off and hit someone? Really to pay a fee to run on a drag strip is less than a lawsuit and possible jail time. Plus SWing'r needs his beauty rest jk Swing'r

It's your standard industrial park setting, there is a large warehouse on the corner of both sides of the street there.

Between the strip and our neighborhood sits one building, you know, a half mile wide building, according to Exarch :wtf:

Oh good then let me know where you live so I can come melt the tires off of my hot rod at midnight while you,

your wife and your kids are asleep. Since you think it's perfectly ok and all

:werd:

+1 on that. Id be pissed to man if that shit woke me up.

Yep.

• Upvote 1

Wow, talk about the ME generation and the complete lack of respect for others....I was brought up to respect other people, and we did our stupid stuff out of earshot to avoid pissing people off.

I don't mind noise during the day (other than bar bikes with dipshit owners), but my kids are both light sleepers, as am I.

This is not the RR track/airport argument; those are necessary for commerce and safety. This is people who don't care about anything other than themselves.

Also, eventually one of them will crash. As I found out, few things are more disruptive than to have some drunk punk roll his car at 3 am while fartcan racing (in a development/25 speed limit, of course), then have a helo land across the street from your house to cart his passenger off to the trauma center.

But hey, as long as they have fun...

Dude' date=' that street is 200yrds from the edge of the neighborhood and the closest house, your fucking nuts.

see how long you put up with it. Fucking ass.[/quote']

^^^And he wonders why entire threads are dedicated to his ignorance and amazing lack of comprehension.

Any chance the county/city would consider adding speed bumps? I'm not familiar with the street so it may not be plausible depending the level of traffic and speed limit. If you guys bug the local law enforcement enough, they'll get as tired of it as you and put some real effort into doing something about it.

I feel for ya. Some jackhole rednecks where racing their straightpipe hillbilly trucks on the main street off of my subdivision. They also had a penchant for stopping and doing massive burnouts - all in the wee hours of the night. It happened sporadically for a few months and stopped. I guess the calls we made to the cops eventually paid off.

• Upvote 1