Lookin for a good squid bike

Carwhore

Im looking to go fast, real fast like Ricky bobby fast! Thinking like a sweet gixxar 1000 or something. But I also need to be able to stop with the Harley Bubbys and drink some beer during the rides. So what bike would you recommend?

But srs I don't have a bike, I'm here at the gap sitting at the pool cause the pos I brought down here broke done. I'm trying to get some ideas as what I should buy for my next bike.

I've had:

Gsxr 600

Zx6

Husky 610

Rc51

I miss the husky and the power of the v-twin rc.

I'm thinking a ktm 690.

Anyone have any good suggestions? I've also thought about getting a 03-04 track/street 600rr to use at some track days and not care if I lay it down.

Edited by Carwhore

You can find great deals on good condition Honda Superhawks. It wouldn't have quite the top-end of your RC, but it's much more comfortable and has a fantastic midrange.

Plus since they are so reasonably priced, you could pick up a DRZ400SM or something similar to get the sumo fix.

Ever saw a super duke in person?

I have, but just once.......looked like the guy had eaten 6 cabbage burritos too - nasty!:nono:

Oooh, wait........you mean the bike :facepalm:

Edited by Hellmutt

I'm not a harley guy, but I would like to try out and ride one the XR1200s

Cool bikes until you realize the f'ers still weigh 600lbs. http://heromotorcycle.com/harley-davidson/2012-harley-davidson-xr1200x-specs-and-price/

Get a Ducati Hyper, KTM SMR or Aprilla Dosoduro if you want that kind of thang.

As to the OP, BOOOOOSSSAAAAA!!!!

Multistrada /thread

On a side note, I've ridden an xr1200, I thought I would really like the bike... I was wrong. Everything is awkward on it, the controls, foot peg and shifter/brake placement.. Ehh it was terrible. It was Like riding a sportster with rear sets, but the aren't far enough back and up to be sport position. It was just funky