Is it too early.....?

madcat6183

Nice, I was gonna tell jinu I would pick it up Mon or Tue if you didn't and I'd get it put back together.

Next we need to focus on a good team name. It's an important part of endurance racing I hear.

These are just a few I thought of real quick...

Team Ginger Panda

Team Smooth Red Panda

5 Guys, One Bike

Team Trailer Time

Team You Gonna Get Raped

Please contribute any of your own and we will pick the best one.

You get your swingarm yet, Brian?

Nope, still waiting. The seller, mistakenly sent me a rear shock ('mislabeled it', apparently). Supposedly, he corrected his mistake and sent me the swingarm (which I am still waiting on). Hopefully, it will show up today. I would know if USPS ever updated there tracking.

If it doesn't show today, I don't know when I am going to get it done as I have to start a stretch of back to back to back 12 hour shifts.

Todd posted an update on the MS Forum earlier today:

For those of you still waiting to sign up for our Beaver Run event on June 30 - July 1st: We have extended the late registration fee to start on Wednesday. Anyone who has not registered and still wants to, now is the time to save $.

Anyone know gate times Friday night? Beavers mobile site says 24hrs but not sure if that's right.

That is no longer accurate, last I heard was 8pm is when they are closing the gates. I would call and double check though because I know last time they had them open till 10pm.

They had posted 8pm on MS site, but I know some people called and the Beaver security said they would let RIDERS in 24/7. I know Craig was also checking because I don't know what time I'll be leaving work. Got out at 4pm today like I was supposed to, but just in case.

PS Don't anyone even think about bringing soap on a rope for our shower time, because I will definitely throw it in away Friday night.

They had posted 8pm on MS site, but I know some people called and the Beaver security said they would let RIDERS in 24/7. I know Craig was also checking because I don't know what time I'll be leaving work. Got out at 4pm today like I was supposed to, but just in case.

PS Don't anyone even think about bringing soap on a rope for our shower time, because I will definitely throw it in away Friday night.

That's my issue. I need to make sure I leave work in time to load up and make the 3 hr drive there. I'll call tomorrow to verify and post it up.

Are we pretty serious about doing the 3 hour with Jinu's Honda? I was able to get my bike about half done tonight but I am running out of time to get it finished (have to work the next 3 days). I have my swingarm but I think I may need to put new bushings in it. Need to fix my exhaust hanger. Finish painting the tail and rivet the chain on. Put number plate on it. Etc. Just let me know if you do need another rider and what not. More than happy to put in the cash to contribute.

I think at this point we are simply aiming to to get the bike ready to run laps at beaver, make some adjustments and order more parts if needed and be ready to race the next round after beaver. And for that to happen, it'll depend heavily on whether we get parts in on time. Craig has already made good progress on it, like a boss.

But yeah, we are serious about the 3 hour fo sho.

I'm gonna review that "starting a hoopty race team" thread I made a bit back to see how people recommended we cover expenses and distribute amongst the team members. We'll draft an agreement and go over it this weekend whether the bike is ready to test or not.

Edited by jbot