If everyone here donated a dollar...

Casper

Also in healthcare and in academic research before that and trust me, I disagree completely.

And vast amounts of money being lost doesn't hold any weight either. Dedicated cancer hospitals and research centers closing their doors, yes it can be cured but it never will be due to greed and money. I admire your dedication and great attitude, but I put no trust in our government and the things they are capable of and are doing behind closed doors.

And vast amounts of money being lost doesn't hold any weight either. Dedicated cancer hospitals and research centers closing their doors, yes it can be cured but it never will be due to greed and money. I admire your dedication and great attitude, but I put no trust in our government and the things they are capable of and are doing behind closed doors.

The problem is this belief is based on one stereotypical belief about a system, rather than real analysis. I'm skeptical and prone to conspiracy beliefs sometimes, hell I'm a Ron Paul supporter (but that's another topic), but the fact that we do cure diseases that we could otherwise milk treatments for, that we don't constantly order unnecessary tests to rack up bills and make more money, that medical decisions to avoid unnecessary medications are made constantly, the fact that drug executives, lobbyists, and politicians get cancer and would benefit, that drug companies are competing with each other, and the fact that cancer is the most complicated disease we've ever encountered makes me believe otherwise.

I also think people have a tendency to have an overly simplistic view of medical research. It's much more daunting than people think. If you haven't been a part of the research side of medicine, it makes more sense to believe as you do.

The strongest and most powerful belief system is MONEY, that is what makes the entire world go around......sad but true.;) And just maybe I do know a few folks in research? I see your point and validity without any doubt, but my trust factor in what is being done in the best interest for all of mankind is very low. Money is the root of all evil and it always will be, but of course I will still always give to the good of the cause.