ohio 646

NinjaDoc

Just a heads up for anyone sport riding in that area:

With the amount of fracking going on and the popularity of the roads on the increase for Harleys and touring bikes, you might want to hit those roads on a Saturday or Sunday late afternoon or evening. I've had numerous close calls in that area in the last 2 seasons with Harleys blowing the center line, and now water trucks. 164 has become very busy. I did ride it late saturday evening (just before sunset), and only had to pass a few cars- no bikes, no trucks. My grandparents live down there on 43 just north of Amsterdam, so I'm always down that way.

164 from Amsterdam to Lisbon was in good shape. 164 heading south out of Amsterdam over to 9 is a mess- you're right about that.

646 was a mess on the east side of 9. The best part is just east of New Rumley anyway, so it's not like you're missing much. The far east side was ok, but it's always been a little sketchy with gravel in the tight turns and cars blowing the center line. It's a great ride though if you can catch it at the right time- pretty twisty.

I really enjoy just riding 9 South out of Kensington, all the way down to Cadiz. The pavement is great, and riding it pretty fast is a lot of fun on the sweepers (nothing too tight, but it's fun).

Just a heads up for anyone sport riding in that area:

With the amount of fracking going on

just an FYI...the fracking is not the reason for increase of commercial construction equipment on the road ;)

ST you should come out and ride with us, you live so close to us. We are not "mach" riders just moderate fun pace.

Check out 152, my new favorite. Good road new pavement, only trouble is traffic and 45 mph zones. Early hours will be a blast.

I would love to. It seems like every time you text me, I'm either at work or some other thing is going on! Seriously, would like to ride with you guys. Your pace looks like about how I typically ride. I'm on my V-strom these days (still don't have the ST repaired from my crash) so I can't easily step the pace up too much.

I dig the 152 video you did. I have never been on that road, but it really looks like a good time. I'll check it out next time I'm down that way.

What's up then? I did see a lot more oversized trucks with construction equipment.

I know the water trucks are going to the fracking sites, because I followed a couple there. What's with the commercial equipment?

the only thing extra in the fracking process is the frequency of the water truck trips. Drilling of any well regardless if it is to be fracked requires waste water removal. Other than that its just a lot of typical process of drilling wells and adding or replacing natural gas pipeline. If you think its busy now, give it a couple months and if things go as rumored its going to get a whole bunch more activity in SE Ohio.

Great for my business, not so great for riding! Although most those jobs are only 5-10's so the weekends are free of our guys at least

I would love to. It seems like every time you text me, I'm either at work or some other thing is going on! Seriously, would like to ride with you guys. Your pace looks like about how I typically ride. I'm on my V-strom these days (still don't have the ST repaired from my crash) so I can't easily step the pace up too much.

I dig the 152 video you did. I have never been on that road, but it really looks like a good time. I'll check it out next time I'm down that way.

Whenever you can join us let me know. I live across the border from you.Gonna try for early launches because of the heat. Last ride wasn't too bad but the one before was brutal. Usually between 250 & 300 miles or so.

go faster...makes it less steamy :p

True Dat. The broiler comes on when our resident Steven Spielberg has to set up the camera,put in another battery,put it on another bike,etc. He finally realized that my bike is not camera friendly. Not a problem. He never finds a shady spot. Doc were is the cow video?

True Dat. The broiler comes on when our resident Steven Spielberg has to set up the camera,put in another battery,put it on another bike,etc. He finally realized that my bike is not camera friendly. Not a problem. He never finds a shady spot. Doc were is the cow video?

hahaha because of the few seconds we take, we get to have life time memories :trollface:

honestly i only take time if i am riding with smaller groups who i know well, or else i just put it there and hope for the best, and mostly it doesnt come out good :p like the big group ride :( if only i spent an extra 2 min to double check the angle it would have been so awesome.

Saturdays are the best for me. I can do a few weekdays with enough notice (have to take a vacation day from work). Sundays are family time.

Sure will let yoy know, i usually pm the neo guys around here if we plan a ride, nowadays we try to go early morning hence i dont since most of them dont want to do it.

Post up something on here, I might be able to tag along as well. I live about 15 minutes north of lisbon.

sure will let you know, if you dont mind pm me your mobile as i can txt every one easily. also do check the ride and events thread where we post rides.

So glad I live within 20 min of this area.

But your a pure breed track rat right? :D

Love that road. I wanna get back up that way soon and ride it.
^^you better give me a heads up so I can make that

definitely has become an NEO favorite for me as well

Im in if Im off work and could ride up with ya Cleve. Would like to get on a few of those Eastern rides.