I'm back!

curby

:D

So after selling the Warrior i feel off. But as any of you would do, i got the itch again.

This time with a build.

For years i wanted to do a cafe. I finally got off my arse and got a donor.

1972 Honda CB175

DSC04267.jpg

Found on Craigslist. Guy (actually his name lol) wanted $250. after talking to him for 4 hours and taking a tour of all of his cars and collection of "stuff" (like a episode of American Pickers) he gave it to me for $150. No title but bill of sale.

DSC04264.jpg

Started digging for a title. Bike came from New York. So we started there. Good news. Bike has never been titled nor registered! :wtf:

Ohio BMV says bring it down, have it inspected, get title. easy enough. Clean carbs, starts up... Strip down starts...

DSC04291.jpg

other then 40 year old surface rust and a battery leak at on time, everything looks good. No gauges so i have no idea of mileage.

DSC04277.jpg

All bolts look new, wiring and connections look new. Even has orginal brake pads!

IMG_0605.jpg

Frame blasted. and Primed.

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

Local bike shop had 2 cb175 parted out so i went shopping. Gauges, extra set of forks, stator, stator cover, cam cover all for $80!

found NOS Speedo cable on ebay for $12.

Thats as far I have got so far. Will update as I go.

still debating on paint. but i know frame will be black. i have found a few examples on how i want it to turn out.

joes-cafe-racer8negro_2.jpg

honda-cb450-cafe-racer-2.jpg

and if i want to get crazy and buy the tank and tail section for $800...

honda-cafe-racer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Well I now have a bike to ride. Got the 68 cb350 running like a top.

I call BS, nothing that old ever ran like a top (including me). A bulldozer I would believe :D

Congrats on the find. Looks fun!

• 2 weeks later...
:D

Local bike shop had 2 cb175 parted out so i went shopping. Gauges, extra set of forks, stator, stator cover, cam cover all for $80!

found NOS Speedo cable on ebay for $12.

Thats as far I have got so far. Will update as I go.

Which shop? I picked up a cl175 and need a few odds and ends that might be nice to have.

good progress thus far, definitely looking forward to seeing more of this build as I decide on what to do with mine. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Well, I painted the tank just to get it on the road.

9adc451b.jpg

59d9e38c.jpg

f14830e9.jpg

Got all new cables, bars, grips, points, removed rear fender. Still deciding on what to do with the seat but i'm loving it... for a 350 i'm happy with it. I do need to upgrade to a front disc brake the way i ride it.

Was going to leave the patina on the engine case but it looked like shit lol. roughly polished cases.

40402046-B2B8-4C87-92CF-C3E102FDFE62-1946-000001F8D0039267_zps9319c5a8.jpg

26097DE7-5C51-4B28-BC62-DBB6232A19DB-1946-000001F8C79C722D_zpsc648965e.jpg