two up riding advice...

oldschoolsdime92

abs doesnt matter

the reason the ABS models have remote adjusters is because the abs module made it hard to adjust the preload with a wrench.

you would have no problem whatsoever fitting a remote preload adjustable VFR shock on your non abs model

abs doesnt matter

the reason the ABS models have remote adjusters is because the abs module made it hard to adjust the preload with a wrench.

you would have no problem whatsoever fitting a remote preload adjustable VFR shock on your non abs model

well this is good to know! to ebay I go :)

My dad tought me how to ride 2up, he hopped on the back of my 77 750, and every turn he would flop back and forth as hard as he could... I could feel the bike trying to move, but I found I was able to compensate for the motion with the handlebars and easily stayed in my lane...

It's nice if the passenger cooperates, but even if they don't, that is no reason to crash.[/quote

I doubt he was doing it as hard as he could unless he is significantly smaller than you. If your going to ride the bike 2 up like a sport bike the passenger needs to lean with you. If you want to ride like your driving a water truck the passenger can do what they want.

I doubt he was doing it as hard as he could unless he is significantly smaller than you.

600lb bike, I was 160, and he was about 180...

and yes, he was giving me "worst case scenario" training (leaning as far as he could while keeping himself in the seat). I was hitting the curves at their "advised" speeds as posted on the little yellow signs. (35 mph in this case).

If your going to ride the bike 2 up like a sport bike the passenger needs to lean with you. If you want to ride like your driving a water truck the passenger can do what they want.

that is my whole point... the first time you take out a new passenger, you should be riding well within your safety zone. even if they tell you they've ridden with other people, until you get a feel for how they ride with you, you should be riding conservatively.

You guys make it seem way more difficult than it needs to be. Ive never adjusted anything and I have never had any problems. I havent done serious mileage but I have done 150+ miles on several occasions. Ride with what you have then if you think adjustments are necessary then make them but more or less itll deal with you as a rider unless you plan on riding very aggressive.