Power inverter

RiceBurner

Going to be taking a long road trip on my 650 V-star and thought I'd like to have an inverter put on so I can keep my phone/gps charged.

Any local business that sells/installs them? I will be hitting the road the 28th so I'm looking to get it done pretty quick.

Thx

are you looking to charge both at once? If you use a battery tender, they make power plugs the size of a cig lighter that just plug directly in. Thats what I use for my phone, I use a powerlet for my GPS

http://www.wiremybike.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_51&products_id=390

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 2

I would only charge one at a time. I am not comfortable doing it myself but yeah a single port would work for me.

do you have a battery tender connection? if so its no different than plugging a plug into a wall socket

Even if you don't, it would be about a 10 minute install if you know how to install a battery

Yea +1 on what Bad said, plus I don't think I would run an inverter off a cycle battery they draw a lot of juice. Just do the 12volt outlet off the tender cable and get you a good car phone charger

do you have a battery tender connection? if so its no different than plugging a plug into a wall socket

Even if you don't, it would be about a 10 minute install if you know how to install a battery

Thanks for the suggestion I'll check it out. I don't currently have a battery tender connection but I think I can spare a few minutes to install a power plug! Thx bad

Yeah, I bought that setup for my brother, and it's been great for him. I knew my parents had gotten him a gps unit for Christmas, and I gave him a motorcycle guide of the pacific northwest.

I'll have to pull the publisher/series, but it takes 3-4 states and breaks down the rides by starting location, duration, and "sight seeing" versus sport riding.

If there isn't one for Ohio, I wish I had a couple of summers free to make one!