new bike

Dweezel

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry dweezel, unless you're on pavement that is at track temperature, you'll be able to swing the busa with the best around the turns. It's all your ability. Most guys that say they don't turn, never ridden one man. ;) Coming off of a 636 with no chicken strips but worn tire to the wall, I was suprised how well the 14 handles. A few guys with busas who keep them stock height have told me they handle well too. They're built with great technology and people assume wrong of them. :)

Everyone was their own taste....I like a fast bike that looks good...."A little Go & a little Show"...

So if you get the Busa, and you want to a drag knee...you will

I think people have giving the larger bikes a bad rep...

Go for it...enjoy that beast

Anyone who says a Busa or ZX14 or similar can hang with any 600,750, or liter bike either doesn't ride at an average to upper level. The bike you are looking at is a great straight line speed machine. However, all that speed gets tossed out the window when it comes to overall prowess that includes twisties.

Sure, it'll do well as they are MUCH better than they used to be, but overall, I have seen guys on Goldwings embarrass 600 riders... It's the ability of the rider that makes a bike work or not work.

The bike you are looking at is simply a sport tourer. It isn't a sportbike and shouldn't be classed as such. So, aggressive twisty riding isn't it's cup of tea. Does ok, but it is going to be out shined by anything in the sportbike class.

This isn't a bash to the sport tourer riders out there, it is simply a response to all these guys who seem to think they are GREAT twisty machines and think they are as good as any 600,750, or 1000. They aren't. Don't go out buying one thinking it is going to do such a thing...

I'm with Yota. A 600 is all you'd ever need. There are those that are bigger guys that a 750 and 1000 fit better and even guys that are larger still who fit better on a Busa or similar. We all desire as much power as we can get and if that is what you want, a 1000 is a better choice. Afterall, if you want power and performance, a Busa does one of the two well... A 1000 does them both much easier and with more precision...

I wish I had gotten the Busa instead of the Gix 1000. I like longer rides, and don't care if I keep up with anybody on the street. All I care about is making me happy and if I do hit the twisties I will run a pace that I gets my adrenaline moving enough to satisfy and stay there no matter what pace it is. (now sometimes the pace means i am draggin in spots).

I would not buy the 08 busa for anything. They screwed up with that bike IMO with such a long reach to the bars.

I wish I had gotten the Busa instead of the Gix 1000. I like longer rides, and don't care if I keep up with anybody on the street. All I care about is making me happy and if I do hit the twisties I will run a pace that I gets my adrenaline moving enough to satisfy and stay there no matter what pace it is. (now sometimes the pace means i am draggin in spots).

I would not buy the 08 busa for anything. They screwed up with that bike IMO with such a long reach to the bars.

You selling one of your 1000s??? PM me if interested in getting rid of either...

Well, I know it's not going to handle like a 600 and I'm not looking for it too. most of my riding is long distance and mild twisties. I'll never hang with the front runners on the C-bus, Zainsville ride, and I'm fine with that. I'm also 6'2" and 250 lbs and the physical size of the bike is whats appealing to me, I know a 1k can be made faster, and a 600 is quicker through the Twisties, and I like the corners, but it's not all I live to do, I do go to the track allot though, and I guess some of it is the rep of the 'Busa as well.

oh well, going to go look at them tonight, my friend says there's a black 'busa, silver flames, polished frame, extended/polished swing arm, says EVERYTHING is polished/chrome lol I'm actually kinda interested in seeing it.

Well, I know it's not going to handle like a 600 and I'm not looking for it too. most of my riding is long distance and mild twisties. I'll never hang with the front runners on the C-bus, Zainsville ride, and I'm fine with that. I'm also 6'2" and 250 lbs and the physical size of the bike is whats appealing to me, I know a 1k can be made faster, and a 600 is quicker through the Twisties, and I like the corners, but it's not all I live to do, I do go to the track allot though, and I guess some of it is the rep of the 'Busa as well.

oh well, going to go look at them tonight, my friend says there's a black 'busa, silver flames, polished frame, extended/polished swing arm, says EVERYTHING is polished/chrome lol I'm actually kinda interested in seeing it.

From what you list above, you seem to understand where we are coming from when talking the 600s and the like vs. the Busa and similar. Too often things get distorted when it comes to people's opinions and when I heard "It'll go just as good as any 600", I get a little worried people will believe that.

I think the Busa is pretty damn good this year. Honestly, I think in terms of that class, it is the best all round machine.

I really like the Copper Orange colorway they have this year and all the refinements put it on top of the class yet again. I don't think you'll go wrong with that choice.

Plus, if you go with an older Busa, remember that there are more Busa performance parts available than most other bikes in it's class. Another note along those lines is that if you have issues or questions regarding that machine and/or performance upgrades, etc., more riders have Busas than anything else in that class so it will be easier to get good insight and answers to your questions.

Lizard doesn't even RIDE on the road. :lol: We're talking street/cold temps and you will ride FAST in the turns if you want to. And yes, I'm known to fly around some turns too fast/dangerously on the street. If you want a track bike and never want to ride on the street, see Lizard. ;)

Lizard doesn't even RIDE on the road. :lol: We're talking street/cold temps and you will ride FAST in the turns if you want to. And yes, I'm known to fly around some turns too fast/dangerously on the street. If you want a track bike and never want to ride on the street, see Lizard. ;)

Hey ass packer... I have probably more street miles than you and have ridden enough street bikes that range from 250cc to 1400 sport tourers like yours. I ride the street. Not the way you and your boyfriends do, but hell, I was out riding in the Fall on a new GSXR1000 trying to figure out a map for the thing.

What you get all up tight about is the fact that you think because you had a 600 and now a ZX14 that it makes you an expert on comparing the two. When, in fact, I can guarantee you couldn't ride the 636 to it's potential and you certainly cannot ride that ZX14 as easily as you could a 636. You are showing to be a real ass and almost have me to the point to tell you to find a road you like and I will ask someone to borrow a 600 and point out just how wrong you are.

Of course, it would take all of 5 minutes and save me a ton of gas, but hey...

Here's the drill. Instead of complaining about all the "racers" on the board and the "track talk" we all do, why not tell us EXACTLY how you can say that the ZX14 Couch you ride is as easy to run through corners as your 636. Detail it out.

This should be good. Oh, wait... He won't be able to provide legit examples of how they differ or how the ZX14 is as good... Dude, you need a clue. Maybe check your owner's manual and see if there is a 1-800 number you can call and order one from...:rolleyes:

:lol: ooooh weeee, I'm getting to you huh boy? ;) You're making this more enjoyable. Although, I know I could throw the 636 around much quicker. Faster entry too. I'm just saying, there is no hayabusa or 14 with an equal or better rider going to get smoked by another on the country roads.

Also, yes, this summer I will take you to some good roads I love if you'd like. You will not pull away from me or pass me. ;) Bring it old man. :p