The Photograpghy Thread

ScubaCinci

Sparked by another thread, thought it would be cool to have a thread to discuss for those of us who fancy ourselves as somewhat competent photographers and for those wanting to learn more.

As for me, I have a lot of gear but don't shoot professionally (did a few paid gigs for acquaintences but that's it). Anyway, here are a few samples of random stuff I've done, mostly on vacation. I need to update it with more.

http://500px.com/Jeva

Been playing with tilt-shift (post-processing) lately. Here are a few taken in Paris & Monaco last month.

ts-1.jpg

ts-2.jpg

...aaaand I mispelled the title :(

Edited by ScubaCinci
Tried to fix title

I'm a complete newb. I need to go out with someone that knows what they are doing for a couple hours and show me some basic stuff.

IMG_1713.jpg

115ar-1.jpg

539549_10150774630635011_623625010_12000478_2030389350_n.jpg

First pic is completely on manual settings for the first time this past weekend, following two were on auto settings from shortly after I got my camera.

I'm still a newb also. I just need to take some time to get out more with the gear. Here's a set from a vacation last year, cropped and resized (and no post processing) so I don't kill anyone's bandwidth. :D

These were all taken on a plantation near Charleston, SC. - Middleton Place. It was actually in the movie The Patriot.

IMG_0318_BW.jpg

IMG_0317_BW.jpg

IMG_0373_PP.jpg

IMG_0375_PP.jpg

IMG_0348_PP.jpg

This is of a really really old tree, Angel Oak.

IMG_0154_BW.jpg

This one was from Fort Sumter in Charleston.

IMG_0271_BW.jpg

The shallow DOF works it makes you look at the photo longer!

Thinking I should have set the camera to Av and went with a bigger F number to sharpen up the entire photo, instead of just one focal point.

Back the fuck up there is some learning being done today up in here.

You don't need expensive gear to take nice pics...those are nice. The nighttime shot I took above was done with a Panasonic Lumix LX3 point and shoot.

true, but having a better and different lens options gives wings to your imagination and never restricts you. Its different where you are at a point of life where you see some thing and click it, point and shoot or even mobile phone is good enough. But when you imagine you want to take a picture like this with back drop you have kept in mind etc and then wish, dayum if i had those wide angle lens etc.

btw, this thread is full of win, nice pics from every one

IMG_0282-Edit-2.jpg

Now we're talking! :idhitit:

I've actually been wanting to do some glamor photography but don't really have good lighting (a few reflector umbrellas with a my EZX430 and EX580 flashes) nor a model. I've gotten very good at glamor post processing/skin work in Photoshop.

as a pro photog, there is a lot of nice shots here! if anyone wants to learn more I am always up for teaching.

We need to have a ORDN class haha.

here are some light painting pics I've gotten into. It's fun as hell as long as your wear a hat to cover your head and long pants to cover your legs.

403212734.jpg

403212736.jpg

403212737.jpg

403212738.jpg

403212744.jpg

403212749.jpg

Who's up to learn a little more about light painting? I'd be glad to share what I've learned so far. I have access to an indoor location that guarantees we won't burn anything down. You just have to come to Cleveland.

What settings do you use when you do the flash lighter wand type stuff?