The Photograpghy Thread

ScubaCinci

I've always wanted to learn more snot photography. If you look.at my avatar I took that one last hear with an Olympus FE-20 just an 8 MP camera. The shot category batter than I thought it would of

Complete newb. Any online classes or good book. I have a book or two, but I think I would benefit from projects that would take me out of my comfort zone.

I'm on dyxum.com. its for Minolta and A mount bodies. They have "assignments" that you can do and the pros will pass/fail you. Lots of good info there but you cant shoot with any other brand. I know Canon and Nikon have sites dedicated to those bodies as well.

I only really like to shoot MX. This spring I did purchase some studio lighting thinking I might get into that but I haven't taken them out of the case since I've had them.

This past weekend I did some shots with pro rider Mike McDade.

DSC00532-001.jpg

Another guy was taking video and there is a few glimpses of me shooting stills, it gives you a idea of how close some of these guys are passing over my head. The thing I find incredible about this video is that it was taken with a iPhone. I thought it would turn out like crap but I'm pretty impressed with the quality.

http://youtu.be/iTLPHi2Ctdc?hd=1

I did take my Giant Schnauzer to the dog park last week and I kinda like this one.

DSC00919-001.jpg

let me review my notes on the settings, but I believe for fireworks and steel wool I use F8.0 and various shutter speed. For LED's, lasers and flashlights I use F5.6 and same thing with the shutter speed.

As for a get togther to drink, take pics and play with fire here's what I have free based on the remaining racing schedule.

September 1st

September 15th

October 6th

October 27th

All November weekends (except Turkey Day weekend)

Since we can do it inside, weather's not an issue. Post up if you're interested and what dates work for you.

this shot was with an old canon dslr and a cheap off camera flash

Now we're talking! :idhitit:

I've actually been wanting to do some glamor photography but don't really have good lighting (a few reflector umbrellas with a my EZX430 and EX580 flashes) nor a model. I've gotten very good at glamor post processing/skin work in Photoshop.

Ah hell, never mind!

with flickr you have to right click the photo in the size you want to post, right click and choose properties then highlight and copy the image address. then you can use it in the post.

they changed their site a few years ago and ever since the "share" address they put up never works for me. many many people have voiced their frustration on their forum but they never went back to the old one that actually worked. the shit they use now makes 0 sense at all.

I have a nikon p60 and for the life of me cannot get it to take a decent picture 99% of the time. it's auto settings are absolutely horrible. hell my old kodak camera I bought when digital cameras were just coming out takes better pictures.

if someone would like to explain some of the settings to me I'm all ears.

I can post a picture with the camera settings and you can tell my what I should change.

here's one I consider decent. I figured out how to get the f stop to work for the light conditions and stop making the water blurry from movement.

but I cannot get the camera to take a picture of anything moving faster without being blurry. such as someone on a motorcycle going past me. my old cheap camera could but this one that's supposed to be so much more advanced can't.:rolleyes:

5759663121_f6a2935504_b.jpg

here's the pictures settings..

7463952602_a7bd320bd9.jpg

see how blurry they come out on the auto settings?

7463976950_a61c6d580b_b.jpg

7463978072_08d2f5b677.jpg

Edited by serpentracer

with flickr you have to right click the photo in the size you want to post, right click and choose properties then highlight and copy the image address. then you can use it in the post.

they changed their site a few years ago and ever since the "share" address they put up never works for me. many many people have voiced their frustration on their forum but they never went back to the old one that actually worked. the shit they use now makes 0 sense at all.

Alright, I'll try one more time. Thanks for help!

I'm impressed. You all are doing really well. I have a huge background in photography, that I pretty much never use. Lately it's mostly just taking pics with the 8mpixel camera in the Droid, since it's always with me.

Couple of my Canon S3 favorites:

I do very little post processing, if at all.

DSCI0831.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

edit: yeah, I'm in a yellow-blue-green mood today...

Edited by ReconRat