FB has become annoying as fuck!

max power

I deleted my FB account two years ago after my wacko ex wouldn't stop her BS after we split up. I don't miss the any of it (or her) and will gladly accept being a "douche" here.

Been thinking about using FB to house pictures only and getting rid of my iphone. Some days I sit back and think, damn, how many hours of my life are spent looking at my phone or FB in a year. Life was simpler when not connected to this info stream.

and Max you on been on a bitch fest since your accident. Must be the meds.

Facebook has taught me that I can now fuck the girls in High School that I once had a crush on. Look for the signs of anger, hurt, or loneliness, and profit. Just don't turn it into a relationship on Facebook. :banana:

Yeah, it's getting pretty lame. The worst is when people spout off about something (i.e. why does happen to me???) and give no clue or reference as to what it's about.

The accepted term for this is "vaguebooking". I love to fuck with people who are doing it.

Between my princess sisters dramatic life as a newly single fat girl, retarded people arguing politics, newly dumped girls whining and moaning about there pathetic lives and sharing stupid quotes about finding someone better and all the stupid unfunny shared pics from people with names like funny shiz, bitchin about stupid farming games and inspirational quotes, and the occasional queer friend of a friend trying to pick fights with me because I called him a sissy, I'm starting to think that the douchebags here on OR aren't so bad.

/Rant

Facebook is entirely voluntary. My dad always used to tell me what he learned in the Army Air Core: "Never Volunteer for Anything".

And here I thought I was the only one on the planet that did not have a FB account!! I had one a few years ago for about a year and gave it up for many reasons -

1) I work in the corporate world. I don't need my bosses and co-workers knowing what I did in highschool/college/last weekend. If I want them to know I'll tell certain people - not my CEO.

2) I'm a programmer by profession and am on a computer all day. The last thing I want to do when I get home is spend hours upon hours accepting drink tokens, reading other people's lame shit, turning down friend requests from dirtbags I don't know, etc.

3) Seemed I had more highschool friends on FB than I did in highschool. Granted I was in HS back in the late 70's and it's been a long time since we spoke, but you didn't want to be my friend when I needed friends the most, so why do you want to be my friend now? Go phuck yourself!!!

4) Most importantly and deep heartedly I found that some connections were better left disconnected. Nuf said about that one.

I'm not on Twitter nor Linkedin either. Too many bad things happen with social networking.

Edited by Jcarlson

I'm on Facebook just to see if anyone that I know has died or is in jail. Perhaps five minutes at the most and then I'm gone. It is an attention whores' wet dream and a great place to go if you want to waste time reading about how pathetic people are.

• Upvote 1

My Dad said the same thing. So what did I do? I skipped most stuff, but I volunteered for selected items, since no one else would. Apparently all Fathers say those same things. I got some choice gigs doing that. But yes, choose wisely.

edit: so applied to FartBook, skip most stuff, pick what actually entertains or benefits yourself, keep a low profile, and generally find something else better to do. No one is going to hire you there, make you rich, or otherwise do much more than waste time. It seems to me it's the Neo method of holding some one's hand. What, can't make a decision without a conference? Apparently so...

Edited by ReconRat