Deals Gap (Fontana Village) All Week

turnone

It was failed starter. Dealer replaced with new and imnproved one while I waited. Still haven't put the new battery in but I brought with me just in case. I'm about to head out. I should be able to get some video this trip.

Oh, I did bring the Jager and the Monster. Just show up and we can drink and ride, or is it ride then drink ;)

Chris

Another great day today. Some of you slow pokes should come join me. I have extra bed in my room and plenty to drink. What's stopping you? Hutch, Midgett, Uncle Punk?

Another great day today. Some of you slow pokes should come join me. I have extra bed in my room and plenty to drink. What's stopping you? Hutch, Midgett, Uncle Punk?

If there was anyways possible I'd be there.

Rain all day today. Drove over to Maggie Valley to go to 'wheels through time'. They were closed. Dumbass didn't check the days closed (Tuesday and Wednesday FYI). Came back to town and wend fishing downstream of the Fontana Dam near the campground for some trout. Caught a couple. My first time trout fishing. Strong little fuckers. Reminds me of like a small shark when you hold them.

Yesterday was fantastic. Was riding up the gap and saw two fast bikes go by heading down. I went a little bit further and turned around and chased them back down the gap. Caught up with them. Chatted at the bottom. One is riding Ducati 1199S and other Aprilia RSV4. We rode up and down 2 or 3 more times. Wore me out. Pace was very quick. Looked like rain. I took a rest, loaded the bike up on the trailer and dropped it off at Wheelers. $520 later, two new tires on the Duc. Went into Robbinsville and met the little lady for dinner, went by the town carnival (very small). Came back to the room. Had a little Jager Monsters - got my freak on - went to sleep.

Tomorrow supposed to be rain again - I'm driving car over to my Grandma's NW of Chattanooga TN to see her. She is very old and not doing very well. I'll make sure to hang there and use up much of the day.

Friday will be a day of riding in the morning and maybe some two up riding in the afternoon.

I brought my GoPro but not the damn screw thing that holds it on the bike. Thus no video. There should be some pictures showing up on the photographer pages of the two Duc's and one Aprilia. July 10th.

How's Ohio?

Get the go pro working again, memories are costly to miss :D

Did you happen to see couple of vfrs cooking up the gap? And how about the infamous yellow wolf and his red cousin. Just saw post of these in vfr forum.

these two were ripping up the gap this week as per some fellow vfr enthusiasts :D

post-1814-0-47398100-1341711712.jpg

This is cool. But if these guys could keep up with me on the Gap even with my limited knowledge of the road, I'd stop riding immediately ;)

Chris

Not saying they as quick as you, but they are fast hauling that 800+ wing around...

My response was way too cocky. I wouldn't stop riding, quite the opposite. I would ride the Gap over and over until I was familiar with the road.

I'm sure they are faster on their bike than I could be. I just don't understand why anyone would choose a goldwing to ride fast. Spirited sure, but I know they make bikes that are much better suited for fast riding. Much as I realize that the Ducati isn't very good at 1000 mile days.

Chris

Yellow Wolf did an unofficial iron butt ride though deal's gap. He rode 106' date=' one-way laps, consecutively, and did an unofficial 1001.7 miles in 24 hours.

Here's the thread...

[url']http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12734&highlight=yellow+wolf

WHY IN THE HELL DO WE DO SHIT LIKE THIS????:wtf:

Because WE CAN!!!!!:bow:

Thats cool