Deals Gap (Fontana Village) All Week

turnone

My response was way too cocky. I wouldn't stop riding, quite the opposite. I would ride the Gap over and over until I was familiar with the road.

I'm sure they are faster on their bike than I could be. I just don't understand why anyone would choose a goldwing to ride fast. Spirited sure, but I know they make bikes that are much better suited for fast riding. Much as I realize that the Ducati isn't very good at 1000 mile days.

Chris

Its not cocky if you can back it up. You can back it up.

No different than dragging your pegs though the corners' date=' really. :dunno:[/quote']

This is true.....have a good buddy that owns a Wing, he pulls a damn trailer through the Dragon and many still can't keep up with him. You do hear allot of scraping, but he replaces his feelers under the floorboards frequently.:D

Agreed. I'm doing an official iron butt ride to the Gap next month' date=' but I'm not sure I can do what he did. I'll ride through it and back, and then across the skyway to TN.. but he's a fucking mad man. :eek:[/quote']

How many Miles you planning to cover?

that yellow wolf dude is not fast.:rolleyes:

I wanted to pass that dude so frigging bad. he's fast for a big bike but he's only doing 33-38mph in the corners. that's not fast. a motorcycle has to lean to turn. that thing can't lean that far to take the corners any faster.

when I do 45 in a corner I'm having to lift my knee up to keep leaning more.

this is what it looks like to lean over at 45.

3080725831_d3bf755b04.jpg

this is fast,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcOZVxheOXw&feature=related

Edited by serpentracer