Somewhat new to Ohio

FZ'n it

Hey everybody, my name is Lance and I moved here last October from Colorado, but originally from California. I arrived with a Honda VTX1800C but it wasn't very comfortable for me and just wasn't my style so a few weeks ago I traded it for a Yamaha FZ1 that I absolutely love! I've owned several bikes since I was a teenager and this is my favorite so far. I've joined up here to hopefully meet with some people for rides and to learn more about the state since I have a limited knowledge base of the roads. So if anyone in my area ever wants to go out then hit me up. My schedule is very open and I'm available pretty much anytime, unless it's 100 degrees out! I draw the line there! One more thing, why is the air I'm breathing so heavy and why am I always sweating :confused:.... j/k. I'm not a big fan of the humidity but I'm trying to get used to it...

Welcome. I'm also in Lebanon. I'm the guy that won't wave back when we pass on the road.

Air: Wait until spring-time. Eyes itching, head pounding, nose-running, sneeze snot on the inside of your face shield good times. Looooove Ohiuh. Mmmm hmmmmm.

;)

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

Welcome to Lebanon. A great place to raise a family.

You will find the winters can suck, spring can be very rainy and lots of allergens in the air, especially the year you get a new bike, summers can have some nice 75-80F days, but many others days will be super humid, fall is generally nice but changing weather patterns can mean extra cold or extra warm duing the fall.

There are worse places to live, but I can't really think of many :)

J/K it's a great place, but far from perfect.

I'm still relatively new to OR, haven't even met YSR Racer yet, or don't remember and he lives in the same town. We shall have to have a little party for meet and great the folks who don't live in Columbus or Cleveland.

BTW, I live behind the baptist church across 48 from the Y.

Chris

leave that "i'm not riding unless the weather is perfect" mentality in CO and CA. Here you got to make hay when the sun shines, 100 degrees or not... put on your jacket, sweat, wind takes away sweat and cools you to a comfortable temperature... stop at red light, sweat some more, lather rinse repeat...

Unless the weather is bad or something comes up (might make a trip to pick up a DRZ this weekend) I'm going to ride up to Clinton Cty Motorsports for the Yammy demo rides this weekend. Gonna pass Lebanon on the way up 71 so you are welcome to join me.