old Honda keys

max power

Just picked up a project bike (more on that later) and it has no keys. I have been told the old hondas only had a few different key cuts.

Does anyone have any old keys I can try in this thing?

I will send them back promptly and if one works I will get a copy made and send it back.

TIA

There is a number listed on the lock cylinder, What is it? That number will be shown on the key.

Hondakeys.net is where i order mine. They aren't recut, they're factory original NOS keys. Cheap too.

hondakeys.com is also where I've been directed for a project bike i need an extra key for. I've emailed the guy twice now and still not heard anything back, he might be taking a break from the service?

Its right on the face of the lock where the key goes in, don't need to tear anything down. I think its a 5 digit number.

What year and model is it? There were a handful of different styles. Every 70's honda had the same one though as far as i've seen. There were a few oddball ones for the 60's models.

It might just be my imagination, butttt....

I thought Honda used to have only a few tank locks. Like each type tank lock would work with ten different keys or something. It just seemed like it was easy to find a key to work a tank lock. It is no longer that way on the newer bikes.

have a buddy that has had atleast 10old hondas he might have keys I will look
he said he has some but you are 150miles from me coud send keys then send back or you want to go ride at the shack Im ther every week end working on a house down by ther every saturday allday & I kick it at the shack every

fri&sun &after 4pmsaturday