Wayne Trail Ride 7-28-12

M_Quick

Planing on going down to ride in a few weeks. Should give me time to heal up and fix up the Quad. Just need some riders to help thrash the trails. Planing on parking at P3. I like that 1985 loop, with the little hill climbs in the back.

Yea make sure all trails are open before you go. Many are closed since last week due to the storms that blew though there. I guess they had so many trees down they closed the entire system. If I am not racing I may head down. We stay at Begleys ATV campground.

We were there the Saturday after the storm and road from Williams up to Begleys and back with no issues but past williams at Monday creek there was a big tree down that was blocking the trail with no way around. I would be surprised if thats not cleaned up by now but you never know.

Family and I were at Begleys for the night before the storm blew through. Planned on staying Fri night, and maybe Sat, but the heat took its toll. Never stayed there before, and didn't sleep a wink. We were tent-camping,and dogs in the town kept barking all night. A camp ground in the middle of "town". Two requirements to live in New Straitsville: You've got to own a dog, and you can't put a muffler on your vehicle.

Got up Fri morning, and were packing up. Not a cloud in the blue sky, and the tornado siren starts going off a couple of blocks away. Huh??? I rode the atv into town, asked a local, and she said that they were calling the volunteer fire folks in. Oh, okay.

No cell reception, so no radar.

Went for a ride, came back, decided to come on home. Clear skies until we got near Waynesville (Home-ish). Saw the skies, turned on the radio. Got home, started unloading, and about five minutes later the storm hit.

After hearing about all of the damage down there, I'm glad we headed out early. God watching out for us. Initially had every intention of staying at Begleys on Fri night. That would've been pretty scary down in that valley, with no cell phone/ communication, etc. Especially as suddenly as the storm came on.

Family and I were at Begleys for the night before the storm blew through. Planned on staying Fri night, and maybe Sat, but the heat took its toll. Never stayed there before, and didn't sleep a wink. We were tent-camping,and dogs in the town kept barking all night. A camp ground in the middle of "town". Two requirements to live in New Straitsville: You've got to own a dog, and you can't put a muffler on your vehicle.

Got up Fri morning, and were packing up. Not a cloud in the blue sky, and the tornado siren starts going off a couple of blocks away. Huh??? I rode the atv into town, asked a local, and she said that they were calling the volunteer fire folks in. Oh, okay.

No cell reception, so no radar.

Went for a ride, came back, decided to come on home. Clear skies until we got near Waynesville (Home-ish). Saw the skies, turned on the radio. Got home, started unloading, and about five minutes later the storm hit.

After hearing about all of the damage down there, I'm glad we headed out early. God watching out for us. Initially had every intention of staying at Begleys on Fri night. That would've been pretty scary down in that valley, with no cell phone/ communication, etc. Especially as suddenly as the storm came on.

Wow that's crazy...only thing I really like about beagleys is the shower house, other than that id rather stay at the trail heads.