does anyone know this TW200?

jbot

So, for unspeakable reasons, I have been actively searching for a Yamahahahaha TW200.

I saw this 2005 posted on craigslist and it looks like it's located near clintonville. Does anyone know anything about this bike? or maybe even check this bike out for me? I'm NE of cleveland, so i can't go check it out myself for a while.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/3129627121.html

Don't know the guy or anything but if you need someone to go and do the basic "buying a motorcycle inspection" let me know and i could find some time to check out and let you know.

Disclaimer: I am not a motorcycle mechanic, I know the basics on what to look for, and make sure things work properly.

Don't know the guy or anything but if you need someone to go and do the basic "buying a motorcycle inspection" let me know and i could find some time to check out and let you know.

Disclaimer: I am not a motorcycle mechanic, I know the basics on what to look for, and make sure things work properly.

and if he likes it he will steal it from you with his deep pockets:lol:

haha thanks guys

i'll hold out to see if anyone happens to know the bike/owner already and then maybe beg someone to go check it out for me.

why can't the bike(s) I want just be closer to me? better yet, why didn't I see that craigslist ad while i was down in cbus this past weekend? god, i'm a noob.

I too have considered the TW200. But I like the newer one with the huge tires.

Not sure what for, just another toy I guess.

edit: And I found a nice one, but it's over 1000 miles away. Argh.

there are a few on craigslist in the local area. i don't want to spend more than $2K if possible, so I've been taking it slow. we'll see what he wants for this one.

I too have considered the TW200. But I like the newer one with the huge tires.

They've always had huge tires. Over the years they lost the kickstarter and replaced the front drum with a disk. Other than that they have remained the same since introduced in the late 80s.

They've always had huge tires. Over the years they lost the kickstarter and replaced the front drum with a disk. Other than that they have remained the same since introduced in the late 80s.

ok, I'll go for the years with the front disk...

although I really do like a kick starter.

Notice that CB100 up above probably push starts, no battery.

Battery? we don't need no stinkin' battery...

edit: TW200 front disk is 2001 and up. Kick starter can be retro-fitted with kit parts.

Edited by ReconRat

two steps ahead of you

from this forum thread:

http://tw200forum.com/forums/2/17713/ShowPost.aspx

kick start parts list is the same for TW125/200/225, XT 125, Serow 225 and BW 200

kick starter kit 3RW-W0795-000 is $87 to $204, depending on fit and source. (204 is buying each from bikebandit)

The kick crank needs to be the older style? not the one in the kit. It is part number 54G-15620-00-00.

It says the kick crank in the kit will work with modifications.

Edited by ReconRat

poop. seller emailed me late and said "it's blowing white smoke out the exhaust, hope that's not a problem lol"

i might still go look at it if he says it only had the white smoke for a little bit... but otherwise, i think i'm skipping it. if somebody else wants to go check it out for themselves, feel free. the earliest i'm gonna go look at it is in the evening after the races are over.

it turns out it only blew smoke for a couple minutes and then it stopped and hasn't done it again since he put fresh gas in it (it was sitting without stabil in the gas for a long while... probably a bit of water or whatever in the gas lines).

it's not a mint bike, but it's kewl. i like

556538_10102022100780745_423475703_n.jpg

• 1 year later...

TW's are fantastic machines,if you haven't rode one,you do not KNOW. Off road, hard to beat in the single track,sand ,mud etc. (unless your on a ROKON).No need to search all over for a kick starter,contact Bay Area Yamaha in Oregon....1-888-660-7766....complete unit from Japan including cover gasket.Just over $200.00 shipped.

had one, enjoyed it, and sold it.  wasn't a keeper for me.  i think if i was more into modding, that bike has massive potential, but i like to keep things stock for the most part.