considering swapping bikes

smashweights

Thinking about selling the R6, it's still a great bike but part of me wants a more comfortable, casual bike. So I'm looking for suggestions. I'm partial to something like the Harley Nightster or a street fighter like the Buell Lightning or a cafe like the Triumph Thruxton and was hoping for some feedback on those and any other recommendations. Anyone with experience with any of these?

If you want a cruiser i would suggest a metric bike. I came off a 2001 GSXR 600 in 2003 and got a 2003 VTX 1800c. Plenty comfortable, lots of torque, and it kept me happy. I still have it. They can be had for dirt cheap too.

Anyone have experience with victory?

Now that you asked..... ... love it! Instead of adrenaline-filled revs from stoplight to stoplight, riding has become enjoyable on a new level. Still very new, but it feels solid and very well made.

Edited by C-bus

Yeah I'm really looking for lightweight and easy to handle. I rode my dad's Honda shadow a while back and didn't like the handling characteristics. Seemed too heavy on the turn in. Looking for smaller but still with some umph. How's the Bonneville? Seems a little light on the horsepower.

What do you want to do with it? Around town? Long distance? You are thinking about going to a Victory which is a totally different ride. The only thing the R6 and a Victory have in common is two wheels. You might be able to trade it for an older V-Max. But your not going to like twisties any more. If you are a bigger guy a Sportster will be too small. I see guys riding them and they look like they are wearing a thong. Plus you are always looking for an extra gear that doesn't exist. If you are 5'10" or over you really cannot ride a Sportster its just too small.

Another thing about Sportsters is they are really top heavy, nothing like the sport bikes.

Ninja 1K, Z1000, speed or street triple, CB1000R, FZ8, Tuono...

I have owned a Harley Davidson and a Buell, I was not happy owning either one, maybe you will be?

Best of luck with your decision...

I like Sportsters until I get on one. At 6'2" I look and feel like I am on a Honda Rebel. I see people that are way too big on them all the time. Up on the tank with there knees in their face.

Agreed. Big guys look silly on them.

Ninja 1K, Z1000, speed or street triple, CB1000R, FZ8, Tuono...

I have owned a Harley Davidson and a Buell, I was not happy owning either one, maybe you will be?

Best of luck with your decision...

Z1000 or CB1000R.

My friend I ride with a lot has a CB1kR and he is straight up in the seat and it's has big power. He kills it on that machine!