Anyone register a salvage bike in brohio?

Koreo

they pretty much just check the vin for stolen parts, and ask for receipts for any repairs you did....its not in depth at all.

make sure you have lights and mirrors and you will be fine

when i was in for my inspection, a subaru rolled through that was still wrecked, missing body parts, etc...and he passed

Well here's the situation. i picked up a 03 gsxr from a friend for cheap. He bought it as a stunt bike. Its on a frame with no vin plate and the vin on the neck polished off. It had a cage, wheelie bar, almost all the other crap taken off. I've taken all that off.

Won a speedo on ebay for 60 bucks. noticed he was in dayton. emailed the dude. blahdiyadiblah later.

speedo, frame with with salvage title and matching vins, turn signals, stock rear sprocket, headlight. All for 175 bucks.

Edited by Koreo

I didnt buy the bike from some dbag off craigslist.

I got it from friend who've ive been friends with for a couple years now.

where did he get it from? why was the vin polished off? These are legit questions. No offense, but I did give you the heads up on this :)

Its a GSXR with no vin or title, you'd have to be wildly naive to think otherwise that at some point it was stolen

Edited by Bad324

That makes no difference since he possibly bought it from som Dbag off Craigslist

:stirpot:

where did he get it from? why was the vin polished off? These are legit questions. No offense, but I did give you the heads up on this :)

1.Dont know. I can ask. 2. Because it was strictly a parking lot/stunt bike.

if you have a frame with salvage title, swap all the parts from the running bike onto it and take it to inspection.

but be prepared to have an explanation of where you got the parts to fix it, what repairs were made, and have a receipt for parts

do motorcycles have a VIN on the engine? if so, you will want to be sure that VIN is clean, not polished off, and not registered to a stolen bike.....not sure if they have a VIN there or not though

i know a couple shady ways to get around all of this with ease, but honestly, you bought a stolen bike and are doing a frame swap to make it "legal"....i dont really wanna help you out with that....granted, i have owned a stolen quad before, but it was purchased by a family member who didn't know it was stolen, and it was passed down to me....i did not do a frame swap on it however, just rode it awhile and sold it

my best advice for you - sell the bike as a no-title stunt or race bike, do not offer a bill of sale, and get as far away from it as you can....go buy a clean bike

Edited by Steve Butters

1.Dont know. I can ask. 2. Because it was strictly a parking lot/stunt bike.

plenty of parking lot/stunt/track bikes aren't legal to register but don't have the VIN polished off. The only times I've ever heard of getting rid of VIN or ID numbers is for criminal purposes

does this really not strike you as an issue?

So is your good friend the thief or is he just the first one in possesion of stolen property?

If the vin is sanded off its stolen. No other reason to remove the VIN. Don't care if you're friends with the dbag or not, you are in possesion of stolen property.

it's a simple question many are posting...

Why bother removing the VIN if it was not stolen?

Is the vin in a conspicuous place that he really wanted to polish up and make pretty for a show bike?

Or is it strictly a stunt bike BECAUSE someone removed the VIN?

just told me he got it from a friend who is a pro stunt rider. that it was his back up bike.

i would highly suggest you contacting this fellow if there isn't at minimum a bill of sale. I also find it strikingly odd a pro stunter would do such a thing and risk sponsorships