2012 7x16 enclosed trailer (18ft with v nose)

2talltim

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats right folks i might sell my new rig, why you ask? I would really like to pick up bens V-strom. I can always buy and customize another trailer in the near future. I will only sell this if a deal can be made between me, the buyer and Ben for his V, if he sells it before i do its off the market, here is decription of it with links to things i have done to follow.

Its a 2012 hurricane cargo(brand new this spring) 7 x 16 (18ft with the v nose), ramp gate, side door with rv hinge and latch, 2 roof vents, led interior lights, 2 -12 volt plugs inside, 400watt power inverter, and a deep cycle battery mounted on front with tray and box. 2brand new full size matching spare tires, has 4 completley removable wheel chokes, 15 heavy duty d-ring tie downs in the floor, and i have treated the floor with weather beater deck stain. This trailer has gone from (factory in GA) to my house, 2 trips to wayne, and one trip to deals gap. Only thing i can tell you is wrong with it is there is a dent in the stone gurd where a tire retread came up and hit it, and some black marks on the gate where i spun my quad tires trying to back up in. It has brakes on both Dexter Axles with break away switch and battery. With pick up and all my add ons i have about $4300 invested with a lot of the work being done by me ill sell her for $3800(EDIT PRICE DROP $3400) which if you do your research is a steal.

2012-03-14_19-11-41_665.jpg

2012-03-14_19-11-57_646.jpg

2012-03-14_19-12-46_474.jpg

2012-03-14_19-13-30_763.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

Picture016.jpg

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=90214&highlight=trailer

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=91522&highlight=trailer

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=90490&highlight=trailer

Edited by 2talltim

I have a few questions, but I'm not exactly in the perfect buying position.....although, this setup is just what I have been researching and "may be" financially crunchable. But dont hate if I cant play;)

Whats the interior height?

Is this aluminum framed or sided?

GVWR empty? Tongue wgt?

I would be tuggin with a stock '08 Tacoma 4x4 4.0L AT w/tow pkg. Enough truck or would it need susp help and a supercharger? :D

I have a few questions, but I'm not exactly in the perfect buying position.....although, this setup is just what I have been researching and "may be" financially crunchable. But dont hate if I cant play;)

Whats the interior height?

Is this aluminum framed or sided?

GVWR empty? Tongue wgt?

I would be tuggin with a stock '08 Tacoma 4x4 4.0L AT w/tow pkg. Enough truck or would it need susp help and a supercharger? :D

Interior hight is 6ft.

It has a steel frame with, aluminum sheeting and trim, and galvanized roof.

Empty weight is 2160 lbs..Max total GVWR capacity 7000lbs...so it will haul 4840 lbs.

Tonge weight all depends on how you load it, empty i would guess around 400-500 lbs

A few web sites i have read say your Yota will tow up to 6500 lbs., i would prob get a weight distribution hitch, i was going to get one for my tahoe

the most i have ever had in it was about 2500 lbs thats was 4 bikes and 4 guys gear so that was towing 4600 lbs to the gap in june

Edited by 2talltim

more info...

MOST IMPORTANT FEATURES:

• Heavy duty Square Tubing Base Frame
  • Pewter Power Coated Aluminum Sheeting.
  • Rear Spring Assisted Ramp Door with (2) Barlocks for Security, EZ Lube Hinge Pins
  • 16' box space plus V-Nose (TOTAL 18'+ From V FRONT to rear Interior Space)
  • 16" On Center Wall & Floor Crossmembers
  • (2)3,500lb 4" Drop Dexter Axles w/ EZ LUBE Grease Fittings AND SELF ADJUSTING BRAKES

YES BRAKES ON BOTH AXLES

• 32" Side Door with RV hinge and locks
  • 6' Interior Height
  • Water Tested 3/4" Bowed Galvalume Roof with Luan Center Lining Strip
  • 2 & 5/16" Coupler w/ Heavy Duty Safety Chains
  • 7-Way Wiring Harness Plug with complete DOT battery back up break away kit
  • 3/4" Heavy Duty Grade PTS Sanded Finish Grade Plywood Floors
  • 7/16" Heavy Duty OSB Plywood Walls
  • Aluminum Tear Drop Fenders w/ Side Marker Clearance Lights
  • 2K A-Frame Jack
  • True Automotive Paint on Frame....look under our competitors trailers...most use so little paint that they are rusting before they leave the factory!!!
  • Side Wall Flow Through vents
  • 16" Diamond Plate ATP Front Stone Guard
  • 15" Bias Ply 205 75 15 Tires
  • Powder Coated Silver Mod Wheels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wN36ek693KY

Edited by 2talltim

You and your damn carrot danglin'! I'm stewing on this but really would rather have 6-1/2 or 7ft interior

I thought the same thing when i was ordering this but afterwards im glad i didnt because of the wind drag on the freeway. This beast already catches a lot of wind and a extra 6"-12" higher would really kill the MPGs and act like a sail behind the truck. Just some food for thought

Im 6'4" tall and i havent knocked myself out yet...LOL

Some times I really hate people on CL, had 4 contact me and two of them offered me $2000 or less...REALLY???...WTF is wrong with people

Do you blame them? I don't, I would do the same if I was interested in this trailer. Why? Because it's a bad economy and you are trying to sell a basically new trailer which makes it look like you are hurting for money and people hurting for money take low offers to get quick cash. I check CL daily for new posts that look like they need cash and make stupid offers and half get accepted. I do that for stuff I want and stuff I can resell.

Your trailer is a specialty item being as big as it is and will be a hard sell. 6X12 is where most want to stay and then pull with a P/U to use bed space for extra. I hate to say it but you are probablly not going to get it sold anytime soon and if you do it will not be for your asking price. The extras dont much matter because everyone wants a trailer set up thier way so what you've done to it, though nice, is not what the next guy will want.

Pull all the extras out and save them for your next trailer and sell it in stock form for 2800 and you will have better luck, sorry but thats how it is.

Do you blame them? I don't, I would do the same if I was interested in this trailer. Why? Because it's a bad economy and you are trying to sell a basically new trailer which makes it look like you are hurting for money and people hurting for money take low offers to get quick cash. I check CL daily for new posts that look like they need cash and make stupid offers and half get accepted. I do that for stuff I want and stuff I can resell.

Your trailer is a specialty item being as big as it is and will be a hard sell. 6X12 is where most want to stay and then pull with a P/U to use bed space for extra. I hate to say it but you are probablly not going to get it sold anytime soon and if you do it will not be for your asking price. The extras dont much matter because everyone wants a trailer set up thier way so what you've done to it, though nice, is not what the next guy will want.

Pull all the extras out and save them for your next trailer and sell it in stock form for 2800 and you will have better luck, sorry but thats how it is.

I did have one other $3200 offer but that don't get me the bank roll I need for ben bike so I had to pass

$3200 is the least I would take taking everything out except the lights. (No battery, no spare tires, no wheel chokes, no d rings,no anchors, no plugs, no inverter, I would take them all out). There would be holes in the floor from removal that could be sealed up with silicone

ok im still on the ropes with T.R.'s offer, waiting to see if i can work out a better deal with ben. But i did one more price drop (absolute bottom dollar on everything) $3400 FIRM

Edited by 2talltim