Ball Python needs new home

velnarah

I need to find a new home for my python. It's full grown at around 55 inches, I believe it's a male. It's non aggressive, healthy, and is 8 years old. They live between 20 and 30 years. I'm hoping to relocate him with someone who knows a thing or two about snakes and will take good care of him.

Diet is medium rats, about the size of a baseball, once every two to three weeks, sometimes less. I feed frozen from the pet store, they have to be properly thawed/warmed then offered to the snake.

Below is a link to my craigslist posting there are some pictures there.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/for/3122439122.html

Edited by velnarah

I checked the link.. is it broke it looks like it works for me? I will take the advice and send a message to Tbutters, thanks. ...edit... if I can find Tbutters?....

Looks like you fixed it if was the edit page you had listed

lol goodluck with the sale...i have too many already....it was hard enough getting my girl to give in and let me have one snake, let alone two....the last one i got i only got because i had to agree to let her stupid cat come live inside....my next will be a ghost boa, but probably not until i move into a house....i already have a small bedroom that is quickly filling up with reptiles

also...if you find a way to keep him, you should consider changing your setup.....if you have a heating pad, it should supply enough heat for him....the light combined with screen lid dries out the enclosure (which is why you would get a bad shed)......i would ditch that whole hood and light and get a solid plexiglass or wood top and seal it up.....glass tanks arent really that great for the health of snakes (or any reptile for that matter....besides a few species of geckos)

Edited by Steve Butters

Thanks for the advice but I don't think there's any way I'll be able to keep him because of potential changes in September. Can't take him with me. I have the lid covered with contact paper except for the spot where the light is to help keep moisture. I stay on top of spraying him with water a couple of times a week and haven't had a bad shed since. If I had the money and the space, never mind the ability to keep him I'd go for a better set up for sure.

I've flipped through reptile mags at the store in the past and seen some really cool things in there for snakes and other reptiles. one idea I really like is a coffee table that doubles over as a terrarium.

Lol understandable! I've taken my snake out to the park before to let him slither in the grass and get some sun and some people seem down right offended. Others curious. Others scared to death. Others, want to hold him and take pictures.

I like the table terrarium idea cause you can put a table cloth over it and no one would no the difference if they've never been over before.

Let me know if you get desperate. I would be interested in another snake, but it would have to be shipped up to Cleveland (no terrarium or heating pad necessary).

I'm starting to. If he's not gone by August 30th I will be freaking desperate.

EDIT:...

DUHH I have some videos! Check these out:

Drinking water: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gydr4UMNrOY

Shedding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvnSFSBAXCs

Eye movement (you gotta look really close at about second mark 23-24) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ep-GCW4gk

And the last one was taken about two weeks ago. Just getting him out and holding him. He doesn't ball up very much, as they are named for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-BNKLA1U00

Edited by velnarah

Nice looking snake. I've had my ball python for nearly 20 years. I've never fed her frozen, only live.

imagine all the money spent on live rodents vs frozen....ill be switching to frozen very soon for my boa....i like having dependable food on hand, rather than buying from a pet store and hoping the rats dont have any parasites or diseases, or happen to be out of stock....my boa will take them live, fresh killed, or frozen....he doesnt discriminate lol hes an equal opportunity constrictor....when hes full grown, ill be adding rabbits and baby chicks to his diet also, probably frozen as well (my girl would be pissed if i brought a live rabbit home and fed it to the snake lol....she was at the reptile store with me and she was petting all the feeder rabbits....she thought people were buying them as pets :lol:)

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd give this a little bump. I need to sell him in the next 5 days, I have the craigslist ad, this thread, and I have a posting up on facebook, a warren county rummage sale group. If I don't get a serious response from one of them soon, I will be sending some PM's to anyone who posted in here that they might be able to take him.