Greetings from Athens

toddwrites

By way of introduction, I'm Todd. I ride an '05 GL1800 ABS--currently that's the only bike in the garage, although I'm thinking a well-outfitted, well cared for and broken in DL1000 or DL650 would be good to keep the 'Wing company. Leads would be appreciated.

I work at the university. I write for Midwest Motorcyclist Magazine (www.midwestmotorcyclist.com).

We're escapees from Chicagoland. Been here about 2 1/2 years. Home for me is Bloomington, IN. They have a little college there and now and then they play a little basketball.

I have a built in speed control when I have my backseater along. Too fast and there's a double jab to the ribs. Odd how my previous bike--'97 Valkyrie--had the same feature.

Besides riding on my very short commute, I'm out on the weekends. After almost two decades living near the Windy City, I'm still amazed that I can find some of the best riding in the country ten minutes from my driveway. I consider myself spoiled rotten and am thoroughly enjoying it.

So, is there a social group for those who are old, slow, and ride lousy lines?

Best,

Todd

Hi Todd -

I live in Indy but graduated from OU in '81. Great roads down there.

Rode through Bloomington last Friday (Routes 446 and 45).

Have you been to Zanesville recently? I stopped at a bar there for lunch on my bike and the bartender had a copy of your magazine for me to read while I ate.

Small world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...